Author Topic: Champlain-22 March?  (Read 3117 times)

carine

Re: Champlain-22 March?
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 09:10:15 AM »
Paul, si tu y vas vendredi, let me know, i'll drop by after work to say hi.

yuck, Jer, torn ligament.  sorry to hear that, and that it still bugs you.  but you can still kayak, yay!  does your knee get sore when/after you paddle?

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »
The Joint Reply.
Paul, can't kayak friday, going out to my parents to help with maple syrup again. plus have groceries, and laundry, i'm hoping to get out of the way by the real weekend, so i can paddle....or relax.   Saturday or sunday are only 2 days i can go.
Let me know
later

Carine,  all I can think that could have happened would be a slight tear, or pull, just from (potentially) going too hard (with the boys....that sounds wrong, lol) the docter in my case would not send me to get an MRI(didn't seem to think it was serious enough).  what i did was i was running up a packed snow trail around 2am while in the army, and slid off the trail, into the crotch deep snow, twisting and slamming my knee together at the same time....tore my lcl.  yes it still bugs me now.  I pretty much do as little running as possible, it hurts walking on the icy sidewalks (thanks city of ottawa) and randomly hurts on the stairs...and sometimes, just for fun, it gets achy when bad weather is coming, and sometimes is just sore for no reason at all...god, listen to me, i sound like an old person....like paul...just kidding paul.  anyways, i wear a knee brace anytime im gonna be doing something that i could hurt my knee on.  including just running up the hills at the water park last summer.

so yeah, answers for the both of ya...sorry about the crappy grammar, punctuation, ect, but im at work, and typing like a fiend, before the boss swings by , lol
later

windowshade

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 06:32:37 PM »
Hey Jer,

How about Friday, late afternoon instead, since Saturday is supposed to be like minus 5 and Friday is supposed to be close to zero! I'm not discounting Saturday, just seing bout Friday!

Paul

carine

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »
we're still not sure what happenend/what's wrong with it.  tomorrow is MRI results day (YES!!!!!! i HOPE i get an answer).  i hurt it playing coed soccer before christmas; maybe i was pushing too hard trying to catch up with you fast boys?  i was running in a strait line and stopped (too quickly?) and felt a little pull, but nothing major so i kept playing... next thing i know i can't go up/down stairs... and i still have trouble now, 3 months later!  have you heard of this before?!?!  no twisting occured, no collision, no weird fall... ?!!?  i am very puzzled and disappointed, i couldn't do sports all winter... (i had just bought new skis too! booo!!!!)
oh! the WEIRDEST thing about this is: i DON'T feel pain when i am injuring my knee further...  like: i can go up stairs ok, then i run to catch a bus (and feel no pain running), then i go up stairs again and my knee KILLS... ?!?!   how does that work?!
what did you do to yours??  and... if you didn't rest it properly, how does it affect you know?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 05:47:29 PM by Carine »

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »
what did you do to your knee?
cleared for sports, eh....yeah, that probably would have been a good idea for mine, lol....oh well.
well, we'll see ya out there when your good to go
later
jer

carine

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 01:22:58 PM »
hmmm... thanks for the invite jer, but it's Easter, so I'll be away this weekend visiting familia.  I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow (finally!!!!), so if he clears my knee for sports, I'll see you next week :)  (brrrrr!)

Jeremy Poulin

Champlain-22 March?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 08:42:55 AM »
Anyone interested.?
Paul hopefully your coming (cause I'm probably gonna need your boat, lol) and Carine, I seem to remember you saying something about coming next time....?

Anyone else with a bomb proof roll and all appropriate gear is welcome too.  If you don't know what appropriate winter gear is......

later
jer