Author Topic: Anyone see the weather for this weekend?  (Read 3561 times)

Jeremy Poulin

Re: Anyone see the weather for this weekend?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 09:43:28 AM »
Well, in that case, its favor time!
You mind snapping some shots of the drop in almonte too....its like 5 minutes out of your way...thats a drop i've been wanting to do, and been looking at for years.  Also, while driving north on 29 towards blakney (past almonte) look to your left going over the bridge of the indian creek.  probably still alot of ice on it, but just wondering.   Where do you workin in cp?
Thanks Grahame
later
jer

GrahameH

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 09:08:51 AM »
Since I work in CP, I'll swing by after work and take some pics

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 08:03:22 AM »
The mississippi is a very flat river, for the most part (at least on the carleton place to pakenham section, with only a couple sets of "major" rapids.  Ice on the flats may be a good thing for blakney, because in my experience when spring flood is really going off, blakney is much too big (in my opinion).  I prefer it at a medium flow, when the big trench like holes go away, but its still big and pushy.

Best bet would be to convince someone nearby to take a drive over the bridge and see....if i still lived in cp....might be out that way this weekend, I'll try to swing by, but no promises.
later
jer

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
I'm not sure who has or hasn't done the Carp, but there's not much play on it (that I remember), but it's easily done in a playboat too.  On one hand, a creeker is overkill for that run, but it will keep you warmer and more comfy at this time of year since there's not much to play on.

Anyone know when Blakeney on the Mississippi is good? 

Spoke to someone at the Mississippi Valley Conversation Authority and was told that the Mississippi is running very low (60 cms) and still has lots of ice.

Bill

windowshade

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »
Bill said he wanted to tdo the Carp, but he hasn't email yet!

Paul

Late Ray

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »
I'm not sure who has or hasn't done the Carp, but there's not much play on it (that I remember), but it's easily done in a playboat too.  On one hand, a creeker is overkill for that run, but it will keep you warmer and more comfy at this time of year since there's not much to play on.

Anyone know when Blakeney on the Mississippi is good? 

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:38:17 PM »
friggen right!!
when and where. I have the creeker at my place, and im gonna try to get my rad from my folks sometime this weekend.  if not im gonna have to keep bumming your nemesis, lol. or your transformer...or your......or your......how many boats you up to?
let me know river info, but im so up for that.
later
jer

windowshade

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »
hey Jer,

We might be paddling the Carp river this Saturday. Time to get your Creeker out!

Paul ;D

Jeremy Poulin

Anyone see the weather for this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:00:16 AM »
Champlain is just a calling, I would say.
Paul, my cold is getting much better. Should be good to go on one or both days.
Let me know
later
jer