Linked Events

• M.A.C.K.fest: April 12, 2008 - April 13, 2008

Author Topic: M.A.C.K.fest  (Read 4004 times)

Jeremy Poulin

Re: M.A.C.K.fest
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 06:39:34 PM »
another multi person reply...im gonna be famous for this soon....
anyways...
Carine (sorry guys, ladies first) good choice decideing to (probably) come....we wait for your reply on thursday.  I'm glad to see you think Eric and Paul wouldn't leave you, but no mention of me... :( lol.
Paul
good for you!! see you saturday.
Eric
I'd be up for salmon on saturday.  I'm thinking of driving up (i think Carine asked that) saturday am, paddle, and drive back home saturday afternoon or evening.
Thats where I am for plans, for now, anyways....it seems im becoming the king of changed plans.
later
jer

ticlem

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 05:43:01 PM »
Hey guys,
to start with I changed my user name from ticlem to EricClement.
I think it will be less confusing on this board.
Anyways, a few of us did the salmon on sunday and it was very nice. There was a sheet of ice at the put-in so we decided to put-in a little more down stream which was no big deal. The level was good not to mention the weather. We had a few swims but that's all part of the fun. Next week the other HWY7 runs will probably be all open so I don't know what the plans are. I will probably do the salmon again on sat. but would like to run the upper black or beaver on sunday. I'll also be waiting on Bill to see what his intentions are for the week-end.
Eric!! :)

carine

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 10:34:39 AM »
Hey Jer,
i'd be interested in trying the Salmon; my roll is pretty solid after multiple surfing attempts at Champlain, and i'd trust Eric and Paul not to leave me behind :)
i'm not confirming anything till Thursday though (meeting the knee doctor that day). 
were you thinking of day-tripping, or staying overnight somewhere?

Carine :)

windowshade

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 10:12:52 AM »
Next Saturday, I would like to do the Salmon too!

Paul ;D

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 08:42:24 AM »
Ticlem
I'm hoping this is the Eric I drove up the (very frozen) Carp with?  If not, this isn't for you, lol, and sorry for the confusion.

Anyways, are you still planning on going up to MACK fest, and running the Salmon?  I'm really thinking about driving down on Sat. am, and running it with you, if your still up for going.

Let me know what time you would want to meet out near put in, or Marmora or whatever is easiest.

Thanks much
jer

PS.  Carine c'mon with....and drag Paul along.  he keeps saying he wants to paddle new rivers.  You know we're all gonna watch out for each other, and no one is gonna race off if someone wants to walk something.  I'm fairly knew to creekin too, but am darn excited.  Think about it.  I figure its about 3 or 3.5 hours from downtown ottawa.  Think about it.
later

ticlem

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 03:01:32 PM »
Hey carine,
you could walk everything on the salmon. Seriously it's a good river to start with. I've ran the river about 6 times and even with beginner tandom canoe skills before I started kayaking. If you could get a few sessions at champlain to get the stiffness out before you run the salmon it would be good. It's so much fun!

carine

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
hey colin,
i only have one season under my belt, so while i'm not really worried about the ottawa... i'm a little nervous to paddle anywhere where there could be consequences...

cmnypny

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »
Thanks Colin,
I think I might wait a bit longer before I attack creeks...

Wat is your definition of a creek ... alot of theses are minimum 15 to 20 feet wide ... thats a river ... a creek to me is where I can touch my paddle on shore both sides.

You have to come out for this!

carine

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »
Thanks Colin,
I think I might wait a bit longer before I attack creeks...

cmnypny

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »
for this river, can you paddle only the sections you are comfortable with? like the class 1-II stuff for me?

Carine,

The Salmon River is an excellent run (did it twice last year). Everything can be walked.

The Lower Black is fun and can be walked around for most parts.

I have never run the Upper Black as it is way above my level.

I did Beaver Creek and walked parts of it.

The Skootama is on my list of things to do as I have never done it.

carine

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:00:06 PM »
for this river, can you paddle only the sections you are comfortable with? like the class 1-II stuff for me?

RP

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »
This looks fantastic!  I just had a listen to THE IRELAND BROTHERS, great sound!  Anyone else planning to attend?  Was thinking about camping.   :P

Roger

GrahameH

M.A.C.K.fest
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:25:11 PM »
1st Ever Marmora Area Canoe & Kayak Festival
http://www.mackfest.ca/

Date:   Saturday, April 12th & Sunday, April 13th, 2008.

Location ? Festival Headquarters is at Marmora Park (South of Hwy 7 on the Crowe River)
Time ? 10:00 a.m to 1:00am (ish)

River Locations to Paddle at the Festival:

Beaver Creek-Class III/IV
Black River (Upper & Lower)-Class III/IV
Crowe River (Fish Hatchery Section)
Crowe Bridge
Moira River-Class II/III
Salmon River
Scootamatta-Class I/II/III/IV

(All cold-water paddling precautions and equipment is required)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:00:15 PM by GrahameH »