Linked Events

• Meet the pros day!: June 28, 2008 - June 29, 2008

Author Topic: Meet the pros day!  (Read 2757 times)

windowshade

Re: Meet the pros day!
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 09:34:39 PM »
Okay, Matt Macquire has replied and so tomorow or Thursday at the latest I'll have a WT registration number which I shall post on this thread. I'll post the pay pal or whatever it's called secure online payment tool for Wilderness Tours. All you have to do is go to the site, pay with a credit card and quote the registration number and you will be added to the list at our very own CdB campsite for the weekend. A weekend of caoching, paddling, party, food, fun and frolic for $45!!!! and you support the Canadian Freestyle Team to bootI'll post as soon as I get the registration number

Paul :-)

windowshade

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »
Excellent Chris!

Paul :-)

viking

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »
Count me in Paul....$45.00 is a great deal.....
Package #2.

Cheers,

Chris F

windowshade

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 07:36:08 PM »
So with Annie and Grahame, that makes 5 people, yeah!

Here's the reply I got from Matt "Sharky" from WT.
So book on line early to reserve your spot!

Message below:

Paul,

I received your voice mail today and email.  Thanks for coming out to this event. 

To get a reservation started email me the following:

?        Mailing address

?        Day and evening phone numbers

?        I will book for 10, once you receive the email confirmation each individual can make payment through our online payment portal using your reservation number.

This is going to be a great event and thanks for supporting the team.

Cheers,

Matt McGuire

Sales, Marketing and Events Director

(t): (613) 646-2291 x 245     

(f): (613) 646-2996             

GrahameH

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:23:55 AM »
I'll be there, it's a good deal too!

cmnypny

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:49:42 AM »
I would be interested too. Does it mind even if I'm not an expert paddler (even far from there)?

Annie

it shouldn't matter ... just come out anyway

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 10:32:51 PM »
I would be interested too. Does it mind even if I'm not an expert paddler (even far from there)?

Annie

windowshade

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 08:58:26 PM »
Ha, ha,

I'm sure he'll love that! Okay, with you me and Terry, that makes three and I only posted an hour ago...

Paul  :D

cmnypny

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:41:39 PM »

Paul like I said above ... I am in for sure.

Coaching or not it is a good deal ... I am sure I could learn something from the kayak coaches in terms of getting on the wave ... i just have to converk Yak talk to Open Boat talk and do things slightly different.

Plus I think you need someone to do the digital documentation (pics)!

I am also taking the monday off and staying somewhere for the extra two days ... maybe do the move to River Run unless I can arrange some kind of deal with Sharky later. For that mater I might pitch my tent on his front lawn ;D at his place.

windowshade

Meet the pros day!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »
Don't forget everyone, it's June 28 and June 29 (June 27 if you arrive Friday to camp, like I will)

I left a message with "Sharky" at WT and will try to have an area designated for the CdB if possible so that all who come will have a common camping site in the quiet section, which is only a short quiet four minute walk away from the main facilities and the free for all section. Should be a good weekend, something for everyone, closeby to Ottawa, sorry Colin..., no food to bring all weekend, two nights camping, five meals, plus pro-coaching , party Saturday night and all for just 45 bucks on the best white water in the world! It's for a good cause to, as all proceeds go to support the National Free Style Team! Please PM me if you'd like to come, or leave message on this thread so I can tell Sharky how much space to reserve for us!

Hope to see many of you there!

Paul ;D

cmnypny

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »

Its a pretty cheap weekend.

I will be there ... will be less crowded then Gullfest.

Who knows maybe Billy will get in my open boat and I might get into a kayak ;D

windowshade

Meet the pros day!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »
This is one weekend I won't miss! Who's in!!!! I,m in for the whole weekend, who hoo!

Paul ;D

Read below, from boatwerks...

?Paddle With and Learn From the National Team? weekend on Saturday and Sunday June 28th and 29th. The National Team will be your host for an exciting weekend at Wilderness Tours. Come for the whole weekend or just a day. All proceeds will go to the National Team. They will be on hand both days to teach clinics from beginner to advanced. Rate is $25/day for your clinic with lunch and $45 for the weekend meal and camping package (2 nights camping and 5 meals Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch). Saturday night is our Whitewater Ricks Old School Revival Party, one of the best of the summer.

The money will be used for team clothing and uniform, life jackets, association website, medals for future competitions etc. We are blessed in Canada with the finest rivers in the world and athletes to match. Your support of our National Team will be greatly appreciated.

Package 1
Name: Day Package
Arrival: Saturday, June 28th or Sunday, June 29th
Includes: Lunch on the River and Shuttle
Cost: $25/day

Package 2
Name: Weekend Package
Arrival: Friday June 27th
Departure: Sunday, June 29th
Meals: 5 meals, Saturday breakfast thru Sunday Lunch
Includes: Meals, Camping and use of the Wilderness Tours resort facility, River Shuttle
Cost: $45

Call 1-888-723-8669 or email raft@wildernesstours.com or sharky@ottawakayak.com

For those of you who can't make it to this event depending on interest we'll be hosting one in the fall.

Look forward to seeing you all on the Ottawa River.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:38:21 PM by Paul Potvin »