Author Topic: Middle Run on Saturday  (Read 6016 times)

Re: Middle Run on Saturday
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 10:21:11 PM »
I am so shy.   Where should I meet up with everyone?  I feel like the "special needs kid".  I know I am the new guy but please remember that I just moved back to this province... I will check again tomorrow morning with the hopes that I have some direction.  Otherwise I will wait for a more deliberate thing.  I think I can find WT but where should I go from there?  Anyhow, no worries, I am just happy that some of you are going.  If I can find you then great, if not, at least I have I plan for tomorrow (although I woulld like to know this stuff now so I can have a few beers!) sorry to be such a pain in the ass.   Dave

Offline wendy

• CdbMember2018
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 09:52:34 PM »
Carine, sorry I missed your post.  But happy that you got a ride.  I'm going to head out with the early group  Probably see you at some point.  Have fun!
Wendy

windowshade

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 09:14:59 PM »
What's a "pwople"?

P ;D

carine

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
Hey Wendy, again :)
Kelly is picking me up tomorrow, hopefully we'll meet up with you all and run together.  He's calling pwople to get this organized :)

carine

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 04:30:41 PM »
Hey Wendy!
I'd love to come tomorrow, and would LOVE a lift with you. :)
9 ish is better for me, but I'll do whatever.

Carine :) :)

viking

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »
Annie....I thought I was the pro!!!! I did till last night anyways...that's a story for the campfire.....  ::)

Ok....People can call me if they really want to go. I'm for sure going to paddle tomorrow. Whether at Champlain or up on the Ottawa.

If interested in either, call my cell.....613-913-8757 (leave a message if I don't answer).

Cheers,

Chris

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 02:33:45 PM »
I wish I could go with you guys. Chris, I told you I was up for paddling this saturday, but I've been sick for almost a month now, so I'll skip for this week. I have to be good for next weekend with the pro  ;)

Annie

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 02:26:21 PM »
No problem Liz, it is my first time on this thing so I guess it is a good introduction for me.   I have also been gone away from home for several weeks so I can totally understand.   I should start again then... "hello, nice to meet everyone".  I will leave you my cell number and perhaps when you guys make a decision, please just drop me a line and let me know (that way I will determine whether I pack my stuff or not).   Goodluck either way and of course I look forward to meeting you.  Dave

BB. 613-218-6041

Offline liz edwards

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »
I am going to continue to waffle and give Wendy a call tonight. Sorry Dave. We aren't usually like this. Usually there are enough people going but the Kipawa is taking up a lot of member this weekend. I told myself I was going to do stuff at home this weekend so that's why. I have to go away for almost a month in a week or two.

liz

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 01:40:37 PM »
Wow, this is more difficult than I thought.  I will commit, I will go (provided someone tells me where to go, how to get there and who I am going with).  I just assumed that all of you folks do this regularily?  I too have some house-work stuff/errands to do, but I will wait until after or do it before I go.  Anyhow, Liz, I am in (so if no one goes, you might read about me in the paper washing up on shore somewhere down river!)  Dave

Offline liz edwards

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »
I am now feeling better about my own lack of commitment and inability to make a decision. I am waffling because I'm overwhelmed and have stuff to do. But I am unclear as to who is definitely going.

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 01:23:18 PM »
Wendy, where abouts are you, perhaps I can carpool with you?  I might be two far West though but I can meet you at a central location. (I am assuming that most of you folks are in the NCR?) I am keen on going tomorrow so if you are waiting on the other guys to come then fully understood.  Let me know if you need my cell number to link-up somewhere.  Dave

Offline wendy

• CdbMember2018
  • Class III
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 12:03:38 PM »
I'm planning on coming tomorrow.  I'm into carpooling.  Carine? Paul? we all live inthe same area.  I'm into an ealier start as well.  8 or 9 ish??

Wendy
613-234-1986

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »
If Chris and Paul are out, im starting to lean that way....god im such a follower.  Dave (new guy dave) the middle is a fairly easy stretch, shy of 1 or 2 rapids.  I don't know what your skill level is like now, but at this water level, even if you swam, I don't think you'd run into many problems.  Just make sure you feel comfortable with teh people you go with, and when in doubt, scout....but you knew that.

Have fun whoever does go (if anyone) on saturday
later
jer

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
Excellent.  I am very flexible since I am stag pretty much for the entire summer.  I will keep my eye on this site throughout the day/evening and react accordingly.  I am excited to see how I do and learning from whomever paddles this weekend.  The only thing I have to do is cut the lawn this weekend so I will standby for instructions.  I am glad this works.  Dave