Author Topic: Middle Run on Saturday  (Read 6030 times)

windowshade

Re: Middle Run on Saturday
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »
???
Hello.  I hope this works because this is the first time I have used this.  I am the "new guy" and trying to find someone to paddle with.  I just joined the club (in fact I have yet to pay my fee) and have not be available until this weekend to paddle.   I just moved here from New Brunswick and have not paddled the Ottawa for almost ten years.  Also, I have no idea how difficult the middle channel is so I don't want to commit to something that will cause you grief and lots of "rescues" all day long.  I live in Calabogie now so would love to meet you guys/gals, let me know.  I am also available to drive but again, not too sure where I need to drive to.  I guess you can call me the liability.  (I have not paddled white water for about two years so it could be a freak show - good if you are looking to increase your own self esteem though) here is my work email address:

quick.dn@forces.gc.ca

Dave

Hi Dave, your message worked just fine. Just keep posting on this site and I'm sure someone will go paddle the middle channel with you. Sometimes, plans are not definite until the very morning of the day....

cheers,

Paul

windowshade

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 11:34:54 AM »
While I won't be available until later in the afternoon, I may head out to Champlain for a few hours  paddle at around 3pm.

Best I can do...

Paul ;D

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
 ???
Hello.  I hope this works because this is the first time I have used this.  I am the "new guy" and trying to find someone to paddle with.  I just joined the club (in fact I have yet to pay my fee) and have not be available until this weekend to paddle.   I just moved here from New Brunswick and have not paddled the Ottawa for almost ten years.  Also, I have no idea how difficult the middle channel is so I don't want to commit to something that will cause you grief and lots of "rescues" all day long.  I live in Calabogie now so would love to meet you guys/gals, let me know.  I am also available to drive but again, not too sure where I need to drive to.  I guess you can call me the liability.  (I have not paddled white water for about two years so it could be a freak show - good if you are looking to increase your own self esteem though) here is my work email address:

quick.dn@forces.gc.ca

Dave

viking

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 11:13:22 AM »
Ok....looks as though we have no one confirmed, so I'm pulling the plug on this trip. I'm out....

If anyone ends up going, send me an e-mail by 4pm cfaraday@leevalley.com

If not, we'll see everyone on Thursday.

:)

windowshade

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
Sick friend.

Paul :)

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »
Y not?!? better have a good excuse Paul.
If you need a lift, I can drive you though (assuming I go, that is)
let me nkow
later
jer

windowshade

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 10:20:15 AM »
Im not in!.. Sorry, change of plans, as of now, cannot go... If the circumstances changes, I will let you know!

Paul :P

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 08:53:56 AM »
damn, the warning message saying 2 replys hav been posted and i should check my message, well, i shoulda listened to that....So i may or may not see you all at 10am saturday at champlain.  we'll see.
later
jer

Jeremy Poulin

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 08:52:41 AM »
While I still am not sure if I'm gonna make it or not (it was a rough day at the water park in the rain yesterday, and im feeling it today for sure....i ate breakfast with my eyes closed i was so tired, lol) but if I may throw my 2 cents in (like I would if someone did care, c'mon) an earlier start is better, cause there would be less traffic, both the drive, and the river (which is the key factor, I think) plus we'll get home sooner (cause I gotta take the dog out), and yes Chris (just to make this quite possibly the longest run on sentence ever) yes, I do still paddle.  I've had like 2 river days, and a couple champlain days, lol...so technically, yes, I still paddle.

So, sorry, got interupted (damn customers, at work) so I dunno if my vote counts (cause i may or may not becoming, although I'm leaning towards yes), but I would say champlain at like 7:45 leave at 8, or meet at put in at like 9 45 or 10am....that way we're on the river early, lots of free time before the hoardes come (and from what i hear, its gonna be nice weather wise).

Just my thoughts, sorry I didn't post yesterday, I had a docters appointment...then the aforementioned water park....but i'm gonna stop typing, and leave some space for someone else to reply, lol.
later
jer

viking

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 08:39:21 AM »
Ok....time and place are set. 10am at Champlain. See everyone there.

If anyone needs a ride to champlain, call me at 613-913-8757

Cheers,

Chris

windowshade

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 08:36:18 AM »
I can't leave that early (I'm driving someone to work in the am) so I propose to meet at Champlain at 10am and carpool from there!

Paul ;D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 08:40:06 AM by Paul Potvin »

Offline KellyM

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 10:18:39 PM »
Hi everyone

I'm in also. Whatever time works for everyone. Need to meet at Champlain to either give or get a ride. Chris, here's my email address:

kmulhall@295.ca

KellyM

viking

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 10:09:50 PM »
Later works for me...meet at 10am in Ottawa or 10am at the put-in? I'm happy to drive one or two people (plus gear of course).

windowshade

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 09:41:30 PM »
Carine and ALL,

I'm in! Would you like to automobile piscine with me? I could easilly take one more passenger too! I also prefer a later start, say around 10 am or later! Keep me posted!

Paul :D

carine

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 08:55:15 PM »
hey guys!
I'd love to run the Middle Saturday.  I'd prefer a later run, but I'll go with the flow.  Keep me posted :)