Author Topic: Fundraising for Freestlyle Team notice!  (Read 935 times)

windowshade

Fundraising for Freestlyle Team notice!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
Joe Kowalski sent me a letter stating what his goals are for helping the Canadian Freestyle Team:

Wilderness Tours will be asking for donations at the WT put out during peak season this summer. If you want to help out the Team, please give generously. You can read the last few posts on the "Meet the Pros Weekend" thread to see what a fantastic time was had by all. There are even rumours of another Meet the Pros Weekend in early September...

Paul Potvin :)

Letter excerpt below:

We need to raise about $10,000 to outfit the team and pay their registration fees for World?s. They pay their own transportation, food and lodging so it?s a big expense on their part. Making the team is not easy athletically or financially. WT is trying to help to ensure they have team life jackets and uniforms. I know they have all the skills to look good on the water. The goal is to have them stand out off the water too. As you may know, there is no funding for freestyle.

We are going to be looking for $5 and $10 donations at our take out on busy weekends in July and August. I would appreciate if you spread the word to your club (if they use our access).