Author Topic: Whitewater Rescue Technician (WRT 1) Course  (Read 1567 times)

GrahameH

Re: Whitewater Rescue Technician (WRT 1) Course
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 10:19:17 PM »
It's progress a little, but it's far from a go, yet.  There's some issues that have to be dealt with regarding the use of the site with the city...

PatB

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 10:03:44 PM »
Hi Grahame,

Has this evolved at all? I take it based on the post that we aren't close to 10 people.

I am definitely interested in obtaining this certification and am interested. I would rather do it up on the bigger water but am not available during the weekends that are currently offered by Esprit at their base camp.

So perhaps this is the ticket. Any info on pricing or a potential of this happening?

Offline Sean

• CdBMember2012
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:49:29 PM »
At the Pumphouse!
Wonderful.

I am interested.

Sean

RP

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
I'm interested but it would depend on the date(s).

I'm for away from July 12th through 19th. 

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:09:04 PM »
I could be in, but I am booked for July and some of August. I think it is an important course to be a part of...

Sandra

GrahameH

Whitewater Rescue Technician (WRT 1) Course
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 02:59:26 PM »
Hi,
Talking with Jim Coffee at the Kipawa festival, Esprit would be eager to offer a Whitewater Rescue Technician (WRT 1) in Ottawa if we can organize a group of 10 or more people.  This would likely consist of a Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday on a weekend that we could get the Pumphouse as a venue.

"The WRT 1 program is the original Rescue 3 International SRT 1 course - now streamlined to reflect the more aggressive whitewater requirements of independent boaters and whitewater professionals. It highlights the evolution of low to high risk rescue techniques and emphasizes self, team and victim rescue. You will be taught to understand whitewater dynamics, handle swiftwater hazards and obstacles, effectively use throwbags, control in-water contact rescues, set up simple rope systems, successfully extricate pinned/wrapped boats, utilize basic rescue equipment and much more. The course builds the necessary skill and confidence for you to perform safe and effective rescues. "

Who would be interesterested?  If there's interest, we'll set a date and make it happen.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:07:44 PM by GrahameH »