Linked Events

• Gull River Trip - July 26-27: July 26, 2008 - July 27, 2008

Author Topic: Gull River Trip - July 26-27  (Read 863 times)

mmm_puddin

Re: Gull River Trip - July 26-27
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:19:03 PM »
huh huh huh??? anyone in???? kick ass fun river for anyone who hasnt done it!!!  Grahame??? Paul??? everyone,  u know you want too!!

mmm_puddin

Gull River Trip - July 26-27
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 08:01:59 PM »
Hey All,

I am heading back to my old stomping grounds, the Gull River in Minden the weekend of the 26th.  So I figured I would let people know if anyones interested in coming.  I will only be going if water levels cooperate though.  Pretty much 8.2 or higher.  I will have room in my car for either 1 or 2. 

For those who don't know the Gull is 600m of continuous rapids of class 4,3 and 2.  There is something for everyone.  Tight and technical lines.  pushy water and tough eddies to hit.  A play hole called Earls, in the washout into the late there is a small green wave that forms  (best late in the day when the moons gravitational pull is higher)  [ok im just joking about that one, but it is typically best later in the day)  And its got a fun dam to run too!

Camping right beside the river,  $12 a night i think, all proceeds go to the great WO organization and then back into the camp ground.  Minden is right around the corner from the river with a few places to eat and a beer store.

So hopefully water levels cooperate and we can get a bit of a group to go down.  Its a super fun river.  So make sure you come!!

John
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 08:24:28 PM by Grahame Hamilton »