Author Topic: gatineau this weekend  (Read 933 times)

c-racine

gatineau this weekend
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »
Hi

The gatineau is pretty high right now and I've never paddled it at this level so I want to go take a look. Cl?o Chantal and I are camping at the bonnet rouge and will be running the river both Saturday and Sunday. If it's any extra incentive for people to join us the seven sisters paddling club (a women's paddling club) is hosting a festival a the bonnet rouge this weekend. They have posted an open invitation on the myosis forums the link is here: http://www.myosis.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=828 . For those of you that don't speak french here is a rough translation of the post:

"The seven sisters club (a bilingual club for women) invites you to it's annual potluck super and festival on the gatineau river at the bonnet rouge July 19-20. This unique club is composed of some of the most daring female whitewater enthusiasts of Ontario and Quebec."

schedule for the weekend

Saturday
10:30am Leaving bonnet rouge to go to put in and run the river with the seven sisters club
6:00pm Potluck bring a salad or desert to share and your own meat and drinks
9:00pm Music around the campfire
Sunday
10:30am Leaving bonnet rouge to go to put in and run the river with the seven sisters club