Author Topic: Gatineau on Saturday?  (Read 2446 times)

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
Re: Gatineau on Saturday?
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 08:01:44 AM »
Hi

I'm not sure I got the message right. It's probable that you guys already left. Anyway, I'll go to bate Island at 8h45 and see if anyone is there.

Annie

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »
Hi Ben

I got your message. Meet you tomorrow.

Annie

benoit.turcotte@tbs-sct.g

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 09:48:17 PM »
Annie, yes, let's meet to share a ride.  I will meet you at 8:45 at Bate Island.  I think Bill will be joining us too.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 09:45:41 PM »
 Confirmed.  We will meet you at the BR a 10:30.

SYOTR

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 05:43:40 PM »
Why don't we say 10:30 am at Bonne Rouge. I think Bill is in too...I'll check in with him this evening...

Sandra

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 05:22:35 PM »
Yes I'm in. Do you still want to meet so we can share a ride? If so, at what time?

Sandra, thanks for letting me sleep a little more   :)

Annie

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
Sandra,

Sounds like a plan.  I can meet you at Bonnet Rouge between 10 and 10:30am.  Please confirm.

Annie, are you in?

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 04:04:08 PM »
Hey All,

Both Colin and I would like to paddle. I would LOVE to do the Gatineau...if I remember correctly it is about 1 hr 4/5 min drive so I'd like to meet at Bonne Rouge for 10 or 10:30. Anything earlier, is well, cutting into my sleep in time...

Sandra

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »
Annie,

Bill just sent me an email and it would appear that Sandra K is interested in doing the Gatineau as well. 

Let me know your comfort level if it is just the three of us.  I have paddled the Gatineau more than 40 times (if I had to guess) so I know it quite well.

The level today is back up to 20.  The highest I've ever paddled it is 18.  Lucifer's and High Tension are very big and pushy at that level while some of the other rapids may be washed out.

If we run the Ottawa, then one option is to leave Ottawa later (say 9am) and go down the river ourselves (perhpaps hook up with another group) on our own time.  The other option of course is to meet Colin at the put-in at 8:30am.  Given that you live on the Plateau in Gatineau, then I think Bate Island is the best meeting place since I live near the corner of Walkley & Riverside.

Let me know what you prefer.

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »
Yes that is quite early. Personnaly, I would have prefer an later start. We can meet there or somewhere else if it's more convenient for you so we can share a ride.

Annie

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 12:43:01 PM »
Annie,

Thanks for your reply.  Let's wait and see if anyone else wants to join us.  I think perhaps Bill and a few others are thinking of it.  If by end of business today we haven't heard anything, we can join the group doing the Ottawa.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we would need to be at the Owl Put-in at 8:30am to meet with Colin.  If that is correct, and if you need a ride, then we would have to meet up at Bate Island 7AM at the absolute latest >:(.

Offline Annie V.

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:49:13 AM »
Hi Ben,

I wouldn't mind doing the Gatineau if it's not only you and me. I hope it's not Honking big because that would scare me. I havent done the Gatineau since last year and it always makes me a little nervous. Otherwise, like you, I might do the Ottawa with the other group (I whisi it was not that early tho  :P)

Annie

Gatineau on Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »
Would love to do the Gatineau on Saturday.  Level is currently 17, which I would say is medium-high, but last weekend it was at 24.5, which is honkin big!

My prediction would be in the 15 range if the trend continues.

I could bring a few people with me.  Would suggest meeting at Bate Island at 7:45am on Saturday morning with the usual 15 minute wait period.

Let me know if anyone is interested.  If not, I may just join the group that is going down the Ottawa.

Cheers,

Ben