Linked Events

• Beastfeast Aug 8th to 10: August 08, 2008 - August 10, 2008

Author Topic: Beastfeast Aug 8th to 10 Bonnet Rouge on the Gatineau River  (Read 4650 times)

PatB

Re: Beastfeast Aug 8th to 10 Bonnet Rouge on the Gatineau River
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 10:20:27 PM »
Going up on Saturday morning instead of Friday. What time are you leaving the campground?

windowshade

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 11:23:04 PM »
I missed last year's beatfeast due to a wedding.
But I recall that there was a raft with the group and that they were looking to fill the raft with people.
This might interest one or more of my daughters.

Will we have something similar this year?

LD

Louis, you'd have to call Bonnet Rouge and ask about the rafting. Last year I arranged it, but this year I'll leave it up to you... I don't even remember the ladies name, but you can click on this link to get  info http://www.bonnetrougerafting.com/

Paul :-)

PatB

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:11 PM »
Steph and I are going to try to make it on Friday night too.

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »
Hey all!

This year, I definitely want to go! As usual, being such a dependent car-less loser, I'd need a good soul to help me get there. Of course, gas+beer+food shared more than fairly! Is there someone close to Sandy Hill who would have room for me and my gear? That would be great!

BTW, what better advertisement for BeastFeast 08 than this great photo from last year by Ray, which was published this summer in Rapid magazine:

https://www.rapidmedia.com/onlineissues/rapid/v10i2/full/08.jpg?

In case you haven't seen it, it's worth checking, empty beer bottles etc. and all.

--Christian

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 01:20:03 PM »
I missed last year's beatfeast due to a wedding.
But I recall that there was a raft with the group and that they were looking to fill the raft with people.
This might interest one or more of my daughters.

Will we have something similar this year?

LD

cmnypny

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »
ok ... i will meet you at the campground 10am.

I will most likely go up there fri night to avoid the hassles of an early morning drive.

That way I will have my gear all together and ready to go.

windowshade

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
We usually leave from the campsite at around 10am, so you could meet us there or at the put-in, say 10:30am max.

Paul

cmnypny

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 12:01:54 PM »
Thanks Paul but I need to know are we meeting at Bonnet Rouge on saturday morning first and if so what time.

Or are we meeting at the putin first and if so how do you get there and what time?

windowshade

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:41:41 PM »
Hey Colin,

The deal is this year to bring your own breakfast gear and food for both breakfast and lunch. The Bonnet Rouge restaurant-snack bar burned down this spring! Breakfast is at Bonet Rouge camping site, though you can go early in the morning to Maniwaki, about 10 minutes away to have breakfast at one of the local restaurants. Lunch is on the river, bring your own food. Supper Saturday night is courtesy of the CdB, part of your membership fee. Camping and put-in and take-out will be about $35 for the whole weekend.

Hope this helps,

Paul

cmnypny

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 07:54:13 PM »
Hey ... I really need the details on whats going on as I will most likely be off the grid come this thursday night until I get to gat 9 days later.

cmnypny

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:00:21 PM »
I had this in another thread but I have moved it here:

OK so I am going.

I have been to gatFest but only to the school. Never paid attention on the bus trip as I get motion sickness as a passenger.

So I need to know where exactly the put and takeout are.

I am leaving this thursday night and will most likely be off the grid until I get to Beastfeast as I will be paddling on the Gull fri - sun, Ottawa mon - thu, fri who knows, Gat sat/sun and then home.

Are people going up friday night to camp?

Are we meeting at the takeout 1st which I think is the camping spot?

Who thinks I am ugly?

What time are we meeting on saturday?

Do I really have to bring my camera?

Are we paddling only wearing togas?

Am I the only token boater?

How much should I charge to carry peoples water bottles and lunch?

Will there be a wet T-shirt contest?

Will there be a speedo wearing contest?

Will there be a best Helmet Hair contest (Annie)?

darryll

Beastfeast Aug 8th to 10 Bonnet Rouge on the Gatineau River
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:38:52 PM »
Beastfeast Aug 8th to 10 Bonnet Rouge on the Gatineau River

http://www.bonnetrougerafting.com/

It is time to start thinking about the Beastfeast for this year it will be similar to last year the club will provide the meat,baked potatoe, and corn on the cob with the fixings. Club members can bring salad and or deserts to share. Remember everyone has to bring their own dishes and tableware.

For those of you who haven't experienced the Beastfeast we camp at the last rapid at Bonnet rouge I have attached a link to their website for maps and directions. I also spoke with the owner and the no acochol policy is only for those going rafting. If some people want to organize rafting it is possible there is also a great beach and good swimming for those family members who just want to camp.

The Gatineau run is very similar to the main channel on the Ottawa big pushy water huge waves and some of the best rapid names like Lucifers Anus.

the Beastmaster Darryll
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:40:13 AM by Grahame Hamilton »