Author Topic: Post subject: Desch?ne Wave or Sewer Wave, Easy choice!  (Read 1432 times)

Karl

Re: Post subject: Desch?ne Wave or Sewer Wave, Easy choice!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 10:41:12 AM »
It happened on Sunday @ 3.6 on the gauge. I missed my first roll and on the way back in the water is when I hit something. I was way overdue for my tetanus shot and after what Louis posted re: cellulitis ;D I decided to atleast get my shots . At first glance the DR. though there was partially severed tendons dangling out, luckily is was just a gapping flap of skin. Seven days of precautionary antibiotics and no stitches as closing the wound could have been dangerous as there was still debris left inside.

Kayaking is too dangerous, I'm going back to racing motorcycles. ;D

CRS

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 07:17:58 AM »
The wave itself is pretty deep and as long as you are in the middle of that 'channel' you should be fine but just off to the left (surfers left) of the wave is a very shallow and very sharp ledge (which can be seen in low water).  If you're going over on that side go for some good braces (yeah I know it's not always possible but whatever you can sefely do ... just do).   About a month ago I managed to get a great abrasion/avulsion through my rash guard on my shoulder from a not so pretty donkey flip so watch out....flipping can equal a great bump and grind upside down.

Cheers,

GrahameH

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 12:02:56 AM »
Punctured?  Not scratched, scraped, or cut? Nasty!

Be sure to clean it really well.  If anyone else gets hurt there, don't sit around in the eddy with the open wound or you're going to be inviting a bad infection.

It's really shallow there.  Tuck up, roll fast.  Or just don't flip.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:21:25 PM »
Probably just a fluke but I punctured my elbow pretty good against a rock just past the second wave. Be careful it's shallow is some areas. I'm out of commision for atleast a week. :'(

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »
Great wave at Sewer right now. Spent several hours on it yesterday, in the sunshine.
Even had to share it with the usual suspects late in the day...geee!  ;D

Plan to be back on it Thursday PM as well and work on my back surf.

Tia

Offline Mark.D.

• CdBMember2012
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »
yes , I agree I will be at the sewer wave this thursday and friday at 2 PM.  the 2nd wave is pretty fun.

windowshade

Post subject: Desch?ne Wave or Sewer Wave, Easy choice!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
As of today Tuesday, August 12, at 10:29pm, the Britania gauge is at 3.66 and rising. Deshenes is a bit steep and trashy right now, more of a hole than a wave, but sewer wave is big and good for endless surfs, spins and blunts. It even has a second surfable wave behind the first one. It has a great eddy too!
I should be there again tomorrow at around 6pm.

Paul ;D