Author Topic: Creek Boat Wanted  (Read 1430 times)

windowshade

Re: Creek Boat Wanted
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 07:32:31 PM »
Good info, thanks!

Paul

GrahameH

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 02:03:59 PM »
I'm very happy with it and it's a much better fit for my paddling style compared to the Mystic.  The mystic is a wonderful boat with a well deserved reputation, but it's slightly too small for me when loaded down with gear.  The mystic held lines superbly and could turn on a dime

Picking the Super Hero up near the end of the season, it was a big improvement for ny runs.  It's extremely stable, quick to respond, very predictable.  Having a little more edge makes it really easy to adapt to from a playboat (my playboat is a Super Star, so having identical outfitting is a nice bonus).  Boofs very easily and resurfaces super quick. 

How does it roll?  Don't know...  Shouldn't be terrible, but the water's cold enough that I don't have motivation to try on purpose.

Plus, it's comfy for long days on the river and very quick to jump into and do up the backband.  There's enough space for real footwear too.  Loaded with gear, it's pretty well balanced.

If you're interested in it, I highly recommend it.  The Burn is also one to compare it with, but I like the Jackson outfitting more.

windowshade

Hey Grahame!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 08:58:51 PM »
Since we're on the topic of creekboats, what do you think of your Super Hero. How does it compare to your former Mystic? Have you paddled creeks with it?

Paul

IanC

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 08:21:39 PM »
Thanks.  Will do.

Ian

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »
Unfortunately Larry, you're so right...

Seriously, Ian, drop me line.

Bill

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »
hi

I can't resist ...
Mr. Schlarb might have a cheap one to offer ... slightly dented

Larry
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:08:16 PM by Larry W »

IanC

Creek Boat Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »
Hello All Y'all,

I am looking for a creek boat... preferably a wavesport diesel or habitat.  If anyone know of one for sale please let me know.

Cheers,

Ian