Author Topic: Paddling starting Sunday!  (Read 1246 times)

windowshade

Re: Paddling starting Sunday!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »
Thanks for the warning John! Hopefully we'll have enough paddlers that we can take turns at being spotters! Are you up to join us tomorrow?

Paul :-)

Offline JohnN

• CdBMember2019
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 06:28:47 PM »
Careful, I was at the Sewer late this afternoon and there was quite a bit of ice coming down.  Pretty much continous for the 20 min I was standing there.  Most in the 1-3 ft. range, a few you could have used as dinner tables...

Keep your eyes open, the chunks were slicing across the shoulder as well as right through the foampile.

windowshade

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
Ian, Mark and Christian,of and Don too!

I'll be there tomorrow at 2pm (when it's the warmest). Ian, can you pick up Christian and I can give him a lift back home, like last week!@ Let me know!

Cheers,

Paul

IanC

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 07:47:37 AM »
Excellent!  If there are boats out on Sun, I will be there.

Offline Mark.D.

• CdBMember2012
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 07:39:03 AM »
let me know time , I may drop by. looks like the weather is starting to warm up a bit.

windowshade

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:31:44 PM »
Hey Christian,

I'm going to pick up a boat tomorrow or else I would be out paddling. I'll call you Sunday morning!

Paul:-)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »
Hey Paul, give me a call for Sunday, then. Also, next week I'm free most afternoons and Friday all day. Let's go!

--Christian

windowshade

Paddling starting Sunday!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
As I have next week off (lazy teacher syndrome) and the temperature predictions are all in the plus celsius range for the next long period of time I will be paddling most every day starting Sunday. Please feel free to join me! Champlain has a foam pile on the second wave, as of Thursday (don't know if it,s still there though....). Sewer wave is fantastic and Desch?ne might be not bad if the ice shelf has moved away a bit. Let me know of your plans.

Paul:-)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:34:23 AM by Paul Potvin »