Author Topic: Spring Paddling: Upper Salmon Saturday March 21  (Read 1196 times)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
Re: Spring Paddling: Upper Salmon Saturday March 21
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »
Hey guys! A bit late, but for future reference: my address is 87 Goulburn Apt. 2, not 85. My neighbours don't seem to be into paddling so much...

I'll post my picture+movies of the run very soon. I have Chris R.'s bad luck on tape...

--C.

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 06:32:23 AM »
I'll pass. Need more sleep. Check the clock...
Will go and likely visit sewer wave and try out my new Level 6 Current pants.
Plus I've got a few things to do during the day toward flying indoor r/c at 20h00 @ Superdome in Blackburn Hamlet.
Have fun!
LD

GrahameH

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 11:04:12 PM »
Looks like I'll be on the water tomorrow too, but later in the morning.  Hope to run into your crew...

windowshade

Salmon river...Change of venue meeting!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 06:57:15 PM »
If you were meeting me, Dr. Christian et al at Champlain bridge tomorrow at 8am the change is to now meet still at 8am, but at Dr. Christian's place in Sandy Hill. His address is 85 Goulburn Street, just off Laurier Street. Turn from Laurier Street onto Goulburn Street (only on direction possible and that's downhill), go downhill, past the stop sign and it's the second or third house on the left. It's marked 85.  See you tomorrow! We will join up with Bill Schlarb and his posse of misfits in Tamworth at 10:30 AM. (I have google maps of how to get there).

PS Chris Sorefleet and Eric if you get this message, please call me at 613 789 1387, so we can arrange carpooling. Both of you can leave your car at Christian place. He told me he has access to two spots.

Thanks,

Paul:-)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 03:07:34 PM »
Well, it's an excuse to try a new creek boat for some, for others just an opportunity to get out in freezing water... I'll bring a big boat just to have a chance to spend some time in it. I have the feeling that I will have plenty of opportunities to get used to my new(ish) playboat this summer. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, I heard it is a nice looking river... And remember that in cold water, Class II/III is not the same as in the middle of the summer.

--C.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:10:16 PM by ChristianG »

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »
From Boat Werks <http://www.boatwerks.net/whitewater/running.php?news_id=20&start=0&category_id=&parent_id=&arcyear=&arcmonth=>

Description:
Class 2/3. One of the mellower Hwy 7 runs. Not known for quality playspots.

Don't know much about it (don't know much about anything much anyway...)

LD

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »
So Paul, are we still on? If so, I'd be waiting for you at home, ready with my cold gear and creek boat, at any time you like!

--C.

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Spring Paddling: Upper Salmon Saturday March 21
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »
Hi folks,

Based on the gauge levels and trip reports from other groups, the Upper Salmon is running
at a medium level. Plans are to meet in Tamworth, ON at 10:30 and then head to the takeout.
According to Google maps, Tamworth is a 2.5 hour drive from Ottawa.

The usual caveats about spring paddling apply, proper cold weather paddling gear etc.

If you have any questions, contact me at home between 6:00PM and 9:30PM on Friday evening
or by e-mail at wwpaddler@gmail.com .

Bill  (613) 224-8507
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:26:24 PM by Bill Schlarb »