Author Topic: Seen at Champlain yesterday...  (Read 652 times)

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
Seen at Champlain yesterday...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
Great evening for fun and surf yesterday at Champlain.
A few days before the Level 6 Cup and we almost had the whole spot to ourselves!

Tybor was beaming after his first ever consecutive 10 seconds and then 20 seconds of surfing! Yeah!
Annie started her season early and very succesfully, sporting a great new hair color and style.
Those first season rolls brought matching colors to her chicks and a big smile too!
Dominique was there as well, recovering gracefully from her previous outing and swim.
Paul was seen practicing a secret move in preparation for the Level 6 Cup - something he called window ... something.
(Couldn't hear the rest has his head was spinning way too fast for me. Everyone was very impressed)
New member Jacques was making solid progress on his own.

Earlier I also saw Adam trying advanced moves and loops and stuff while his dad was freezing his butt in the stiff breeze and then Robert, small green boat Robert, enjoying a class in a brand new slightly bigger piranha, with Ben.
And then our 2 musketeers, Chris and Cleo closed the evening surfing way past sunset.
At one point, the whole line-up, except one, was from CdeB; figured the guy hadn't had a chance to read Paul's memo...

Anyway, I was also very happy for my own progress; good and even better surfing sequences, even managed to skip over Cleo's inverted kayak and kept on surfing the foam pile with the definite feeling that _I_ was driving...not that foam pile. Definitively a first for me. 8)

And now, with this new move in his arsenal, I _know_ I can't stand a chance against Paul on Sat. so rather than be humiliated, I might just go run the middle... ???

So, we finished the evening at Whispers and celebrated our respective successes.
Tybor said we should expect pictures from a good photographer present.

Haaaa, great evening!
(ok, back to work now... :'()
LD