Author Topic: The Ottawa... Main or Middle?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline JackT

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-0
Re: The Ottawa... Main or Middle?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
I suggest playing at McCoy's and running the Main. Hopefully the water drops near zero. Owl gauge claims 3.75 yesterday. My guess is that if it doesn't rain much today and tomorrow, it should be at 2.

Have fun!

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
Hey Carine!
On n'a pas souvent de tes nouvelles!!!

On Sat, level was at 4.5 and Annie, JacquesT and I did P&Play at McCoy hearing that there wasn't much left in the Middle and the main was too high to provide good play spots.
Check my quick report in the "Paddling this Saturday (July 4) P&Play at McCoy" thread.

I heard something like between 5 and 1, there isn't much to play but at McCoy...
At 4.5, Corner wave was definitively delectable.

Salut fille!

Offline David macdonald

• CdBMember2023
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 08:36:03 AM »
We ran the middle on Sunday at 3.5 and it wasn't particularly interesting.  That being said we talked to some guys who ran the main the same day and they said that although the water was big, there weren't a lot of play spots.  All around Phil's though there were 2-3 great play spots.  It is almost worth parking and playing at the top.

Dave

carine

The Ottawa... Main or Middle?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 10:10:07 PM »
hey guys,
I'd like to paddle the Ottawa this Wednesday... but I'm not sure which channel to run, the main or the middle?!  I absolutely have no idea what I ran when... can someone give me some advice?
very appreciated, thanks!