Author Topic: King of the Clubs-are you taking part?  (Read 2443 times)

Robertm

Re: King of the Clubs-are you taking part?
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 09:12:46 AM »

:oBoatercross carnage on Coli-don't miss the sound effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY2V_5X59tI

Robert

P.S.
The hyperlink below is from posting on Boatwerks.

windowshade

David! Meet us at River Run at 10am tomorrow, Saturday
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 05:59:33 PM »
Me, Louis and Bill, as well as Joanne H, from Montreal and Jack T will be at River Run, tomorrow, Saturday at 10am+- a few minutes. From there, we'll run either the Main or the Middle, since the level seems to be going up again, up to 2 and a half as of now.

See you tomorrow,

Paul ;D

Offline JackT

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »
Do you still need someone for the team. I'm available. Is it 1 or 2 days?
Call me 613-601-3920

windowshade

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
Mine is orange Christian, so there will be no confusion when we paddle. BTW, thanks buddy for the offer of any of your boats in case mine did not arrive in time !

Paul ;D

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »
>> But, Paul, now, I'm curious to know what is that "new" kayak...

I'm sure it's impeccable... Would it look like one of these boats by any chance? Now, for those who sneer at the eight year-old design of the Blunt, you have to agree that there's not a whole lot of difference between it and a more modern design like the Habitat...

--Christian

[attachment deleted by admin due to low storage space]

windowshade

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 02:38:25 PM »
I'll be blunt with you Louis, it's a Blunt! I sure hope I don't stumble down McKoys and I seem to have lost my ride Saturday Morning. I hope I'm not the sole representative of our club, how would that look... Do you guys really want to be represented by me....

Louis, I hope we can share a ride saturday morning.

Paul ;)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:47:55 PM by Paul Potvin »

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »
Not sure what I will do this weekend yet, but if I can watch you stumble down McCoy and co, should be worth it...
But, Paul, now, I'm curious to know what is that "new" kayak...

windowshade

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 08:47:25 AM »
I'm going to try to be there at 9am but if tha's too early for my codrivers than it will be at 10am. I'll post tomorrow when I am sure. It'l be good to paddle with you and your boys again!

Paul

Dave

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:10 PM »
We are happy to just run the river, play and watch.  Are you going to be at The Entrance to River run at 10am and then run the shuttle? 
David

windowshade

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 05:55:28 PM »
Hi David,

As of now, I know that Karina will be there, though not sure if she wants to participate in the events or just go down river. As for myself, this is my first time on a river run in about three months so I'm going to go down river and if it coincides with the events then great but I'm not there specifically to compete, mostly to collect my new boat and have a go at river running... We should be at RR at 10am Sturday and feel welcome to join us down river! I don't know if you and your sons want to represent us, but that would be grerat. I'll bring waivers for you and your boys!

Cheers,

Paul ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:45:47 PM by Paul Potvin »

Dave

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »
Hey Paul.  My sons and I will be there starting Thursday Afternoon.  We are staying in the cabins at Riverrun.  Our Cabin is McCoys.  My sons and I might do some events.  Do you have enough people for a team.
Let me know
David from Toronto

windowshade

King of the Clubs-I am taking part, are you?
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »
I'll be leaving champlain Bridge or any other pre-arranged spot at 7:30am, Saturday morning. I hope someone else will take part in this epic competition with me, hopefully driving to River Run for 9am, where I'll be taking possession of my new Blunt and do the club proud ;). Any Takers 8)?

Paul ;D
PS This is my first time back in the water after a hiatus of over 3 months... I could use a little support.... ::) The level of the Main was at 2 and a quater as of Monday, finally low enough to do the Main Channel at regular water levels... :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:04:19 AM by Paul Potvin »

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 04:39:37 PM »
Hi all.

I reserved a spot for the Saturday event, King of the Clubs. The organisers would like to know how many people, roughly, will be going. Can all interested people post a reply here, then (myself, I might be out of town that weekend...)? That would be great.

--Christian

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:54:49 PM »
Hi all. I asked Cale to reserve a spot for our club for the event (see below). Hopefully many of us will attend! Regards,

--Christian.

======================================================

Hi Cale.

I am writing on behalf of the Coureurs de Bois (sic) club in Ottawa, of which I am part of the executive. Although we do not know how many people from our club will attend the event, I would like to reserve a spot for our club, so to speak. Thanks for organising the event, and see you on the river!

--Christian Gigault

windowshade

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 06:44:55 PM »
MY Bad Christiang, I changed  the message above to reflect the actual date, Thanks and sorry for any confusion.

I actually posted the date earlier than usual so that Late Ray and Late Larry would make it in time LOL :)

Paul ;D