Author Topic: Middle Channel trip report!  (Read 580 times)

windowshade

Middle Channel trip report!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »
We, as in I, Jeremy and Dave, paddled the Middle Channel today and the level was 2.3 (slightly below 2.5). We had a leisurly paddle, no scouting, lunch at the island besides Elevator Shaft, now that was new to me, being right besides Dragon'sTongue and being able to put one foot in and walk over to put a foot in Elevator shaft too!!!, surfing upper no-name, rescuing a paddler with no roll... ::), not one of ours, and giving a shuttle ride back to Broddie from Boatwerks, and to a bunch of other paddler who strangely found themselves stranded at Farmer Black's takeout. The level seemed to be going down all the time as we paddled. Imagine, just letting yourself float down Iron Ring without a worry.... Careful at Lower No-Name, Vampire is a nasty ledge now, which one member found out, No names will be mentioned here out of respect...cough..cough, Jer,..cough..cough, with a helmet cam running nonetheless, priceless watching that afterwards with a good poutine at Country Kitchen (Used to be called Broken Paddle, much better food now and faster service, I highly recommend it!)! Best news is that Baby face is almost in!!!! Next week we run the Main, FUN, FUN, FUN!
Oh, and the water's getting warmer too! ;D

Cheers,

Paul  ;)