Author Topic: Thurs night paddles? and the return of "lungs o' steel"  (Read 726 times)

Offline KellyM

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Re: Thurs night paddles? and the return of "lungs o' steel"
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
Sounds good Bill. I'm looking forward to seeing paddling friends I haven't seen in a long while.

Kelly

Offline Bill Schlarb

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
Re: Thurs night paddles? and the return of "lungs o' steel"
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:57:20 PM »
I was just wondering if the Thu nite tradition is going to continue? I have been to Champlain the last couple just to work out on my own, but I have been asked by other paddlers who've shown up there. Perhaps there isn't much there at this point for the advanced paddler, but at this level the wave train at the centre is a not only a great place for beginners but even for rusty, should be better, paddlers like me.

BTW, this evening Zee Yang, affectionately named "lungs o' steel" by Bill I think, showed up looking to rejoin. He's been working out of town since we saw him last but he's back in town ready to thrill everyone with his amazing upside down paddling technique.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Since there looks like there's interest, let's start back up next Thursday.

P.S., yes, I did nick-name him "lungs of steel" because he racked up more successive roll attempts than the previous
reigning champion, Christina Echols ...

Bill

Offline KellyM

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
Thurs night paddles? and the return of "lungs o' steel"
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:37:13 PM »
I was just wondering if the Thu nite tradition is going to continue? I have been to Champlain the last couple just to work out on my own, but I have been asked by other paddlers who've shown up there. Perhaps there isn't much there at this point for the advanced paddler, but at this level the wave train at the centre is a not only a great place for beginners but even for rusty, should be better, paddlers like me.

BTW, this evening Zee Yang, affectionately named "lungs o' steel" by Bill I think, showed up looking to rejoin. He's been working out of town since we saw him last but he's back in town ready to thrill everyone with his amazing upside down paddling technique.

Kelly