Linked Events

• Beast Feast-July 17Th-Summery!: July 17, 2010 - July 13, 2010

Author Topic: Beast Feast-July 17Th-Summery!  (Read 2891 times)

Robertm

Re: Beast Feast-July 17Th-Summery!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »
See Bill rescue a kayak! See assorted CDBers surf Babyface and Horseshoe! Don't see 20 or so others that were also present...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdd4dyUEyJY

Offline Doug Poulter

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »
Many thanks for your 8:15 am offer Larry,  but with 15 minutes notice I could not make it to the closest logical meeting place like the Chapters / Ikea parking lot,  Pinecrest @ the QW.   If I seemed a little incoherent, it was because I was sleeping when you telephoned.

Pls next time phone earlier.  In my neighbourhood with old squirrel bitten wires and oxidized connections, both Bell and Rogers internet service are flakey, and thru Bell, DSL internet was out Saturday from about 1:30 am thru 9:30 am.   I do not have a portable wireless device that takes emails.

I've now lined up a flat water trip for Sunday and a trip on the main channel of the Ottawa - Wednesday afternoon with Doug Corkery and the ORR.  Perhaps I'll see you out then.  Hope your trip Saturday was great.

Offline larrym

• CdBMember2023
  • Class III
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 06:27:27 AM »
I'm looking to paddle the Ottawa Main Channel as a day trip Saturday, Sunday or Monday.  I'd like to car pool and share the cost with other(s) and leave my 1984 gas guzzling 3 speed 4 barrel carb 350 V8 van in town.  If needed, I'm willing to be a safety buddy on the river, and/or be the designated alcohol free driver for the trip home.  I'm located 297 Lanark Ave, Ott, north of Scott between Island Park and Churchill but can meet up at a drive off & on Queensway exit, or the Island on Champlain Bridge.    My gear and boat are already in my van ready to roll.  Best to telephone me at 613 759-8348.

Paul, thanks for the heads-up.  I'll pass driving out to Eagleson Park & Ride, unless I have a likely ride.

Doug, I can give you a ride if you still need one.  I plan to leave our house about 8:30 so please call before then to arrange a meeting place.  If I don't hear from you by 8:00 am, I will phone you.

Larry McNaughton
613-723-1240

Offline Doug Poulter

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »
I'm looking to paddle the Ottawa Main Channel as a day trip Saturday, Sunday or Monday.  I'd like to car pool and share the cost with other(s) and leave my 1984 gas guzzling 3 speed 4 barrel carb 350 V8 van in town.  If needed, I'm willing to be a safety buddy on the river, and/or be the designated alcohol free driver for the trip home.  I'm located 297 Lanark Ave, Ott, north of Scott between Island Park and Churchill but can meet up at a drive off & on Queensway exit, or the Island on Champlain Bridge.    My gear and boat are already in my van ready to roll.  Best to telephone me at 613 759-8348.

Paul, thanks for the heads-up.  I'll pass driving out to Eagleson Park & Ride, unless I have a likely ride.

windowshade

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 10:12:26 PM »
I plan to meet Bill & Paul at the Eagleston Park & Ride Saturday morning at 9:30am to carpool & return Saturday evening.  I could be convinced to run the main Sunday afternoon instead.  Ask & I'll bring a cooler. .. Doug Poulter, 297 Lanark Ave, Ottawa 613 759-8348.

Hi Doug,

Sorry, my car is already full with Bill and I. Hopefully you will find someone else at the Eagleston Park and Ride to share a ride with you.

Good luck,

Paul

Offline larrym

• CdBMember2023
  • Class III
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »
Justin and I are planning to be a RiverRun at 10:30 for paddling on Saturday

Larry McNaughton

Offline Doug Poulter

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
I plan to meet Bill & Paul at the Eagleston Park & Ride Saturday morning at 9:30am to carpool & return Saturday evening.  I could be convinced to run the main Sunday afternoon instead.  Ask & I'll bring a cooler. .. Doug Poulter, 297 Lanark Ave, Ottawa 613 759-8348.

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »
hi

That might not be an option this weekend because another group could be occupying that area, but the campground is quite big.
Last weekend you could have rolled a bowling ball through Paddler's Meadow and not hit a tent.

I think this year a little known festival called the Jimi-Cup is also taking place. Not too many people have heard of the Jimi-cup because squirt-boating isn't very popular up here as it used to be. For Squirt-boaters, Big smoothie eddie RL above Sattlers is considered one the best down-time place on the Ottawa River.   

Larry

In the past we have setup on the higher ground-right side (as you enter).
Robert

Offline Micratech

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 01:23:05 PM »
Planning on joining the gang for Saturday and Sunday paddling. 
If I'm late on Sat don't wait for me, I'll catch up or do a park and play instead.

Mike R.
823-4385

Robertm

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »
Paddlers' Meadow is were?????

Attached is the map. In the past we have setup on the higher ground-right side (as you enter).
Robert

[attachment deleted by admin due to low storage space]

viking

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
I'll be there around 1pm on Saturday for a park & play in the afternoon at some point, camping and a run on Sunday. I'll have a guest with me also.....

paddler Adam

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
me and cooper will be there...... Paddlers' Meadow is were????? river run group camp site????

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »
Hi

I'll be there at 10:55 am Sat morning in Paddlers meadow ...
I staying overnite, camping, eating, drinking ... Remember Tibor and gang are coming and from previous experiences they bring whole lot of great food to share.

Hope to get on the river early Sunday or at least before the raft traffic starts ... 9:30 am on the river should give us an hour before we see the first raft.

As for a BBQ ... nope but I will bring camping grill that should suffice. Didn't the real Coureurs de Bois hunt and cook over an open fire.

Larry

Should be there for Sat. morning paddle start and staying the night. Is anyone bringing a BBQ?

Robertm

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 09:31:44 AM »
See you at River Run, I'm in for Sat and Sun.
Robert

windowshade

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »
Bill and I are meeting at the Eagleston Park and Ride Saturday morning at 9:30am to carpool. We are coming back Saturday evening.

Paul