Linked Events

• Beast Feast-July 17Th-Summery!: July 17, 2010 - July 13, 2010

Author Topic: Beast Feast-July 17Th-Summery!  (Read 2889 times)

windowshade

Changes of the activities fo the Beast Feast!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »
Please note that due to the small number of RSVP received, the ticket sales, the draw for prizes and the Auction will happen next month during the CdB's Corn Roast-Real Beast Feast on the Gatineau River :o
****August Date to be announced....**** ;)

This weekend is still a GO!!! and will serve as a warm up to the August Weekend and the camping and soir?e festivities are still on for this weekend. :D

Don't forget to bring your BBQ's and own food, maybe something to share if you wish. I will bring buns, butter and cheese to share during the supper! :)

See you all at Paddlers' Meadow at 11AM Saturday!

Paul ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:55:57 PM by Paul Potvin »

biehnd

Re: Beast Feast-July 17Th-Summery!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 10:22:12 PM »
Hi Paul,

I will meet you at River Run on Saturday morning. I am planning on paddling both days and camping with the gang at River Run.

Dave

Offline SMurF

• CdBMember2023
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:52:40 PM »
Should be there for Sat. morning paddle start and staying the night. Is anyone bringing a BBQ?

Offline DaveH

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-2
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »
I'll be there for Sat. evening and Sunday paddle for sure. I might be there for Sat. morning paddle start depending on how much I rant and roar on Friday night.

Offline waverider

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 06:52:10 AM »
I'll be there on saturday morning and camping there the night. I'll try to be there friday night but not sure yet.

Richard

windowshade

Paddling gear from Paddle Shack and Level Six!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:10:49 PM »
Please note that the sales of tickets, the draw for prizes, paddling lessons and the Auction has been postponed to the August CdB Festival on the Gatineau River!!!!

Paddling gear donated by Jason at Paddle Shack:

1.Woman's Gul Dry Top!!! Size large and size can be switched at Paddle Shack!

2. Men's Gul EvoTherm Core. Insulation.Technology. Size XLarge, but really will fit any size men, comes with attached hood.

3. Paddle shack Long sleve shirt

5. Level Six Hats

Thanks Paddle Shack!

Paddling gear from Level Six, courtesy of Chris Farady!!!

1. A womens soft shell jacket (Small -baby blue).

2. Two hats (Blue and Pink)

3. A caribiner

4. A cord/carbiner combo (for boat pulling...them darn swimmers).

5. Level Six stickers to give away.

Thank you to Level Six and Chris Faraday!!!

These donated items will be drawn from the sale of tickets, $5 each, proceeds which will go to Sindy Audet, Billy and Carly Harris and save a River Project.

Service donated by Sindy Audet:

One 4 hour lessons at the Valleyfield Slalom Course for an individual or a small group.

Auction Items for the Beast Feast:

Please bid on these items: Proceeds go to Sindy Audet, 1st woman ever to make the Canadian National C-1 Slalom Team.

Feel free to add any items you'd like to donate and indicate whether the proceeds will go to help out Sindy Audet or Billy and Carly Harris or Save a river Project (the Petawawa River comes to mind):

Items donated by Paul Potvin:

1. Shred ready Playboat Helmet, Size large, just a few scratches!

2. Farmer John One Piece Wet Suit, size medium-large!

3. Brand New Gul splash Jacket-Large!

4. Brand New Level Six- Medium Shorty
Dry Top,  Never Worn, Tags Still Attached, Paid $150 For It!

5. Ainsworth Paddle, 70 degree offset
[/b]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:46:12 PM by Paul Potvin »

Offline Chris E

• CdBMember2012
  • Class II
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 06:11:57 PM »
I'm coming up for a paddle on the saturday.

Offline Barbora

• CdBMember2015
  • Class I
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »
Tibor, Tomas, Marc and I are coming.

Offline coolfarmer816

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
i will be there on Saturday morning

ready for the Main!!!   :)   my first time there!

Daniel the ex farmer!

windowshade

Beast Feast-July 17Th-Summery!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:43:22 PM »
OKAY THIS IS WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND AT THE BEAST FEAST!

Please RSVP by replying to this post that you are attending the Premier Paddling Weekend of the CdB!

The Beast will happen this weekend at River Run, July 17-18-19.

Space has been allotted to our club in the Paddlers Meadows. Those of you who arrive Friday evening please tell the River Run Staff that you are from the Coureurs De Bois Paddling Club and that you are camping at the Paddler's Meadows. They will direct you where to go. Afterwards, the Staff will direct any other campers to the same spot. Plenty of room for everyone. River Run charges for camping so please bring enough money to pay for your place to camp. The cost is about 27 dollars for one night's camping and breakfast at River Run's cafeteria is included in that price.

Friday is a calm camping evening, before the paddle Saturday.

Saturday, after breakfast at the cafeteria, around 8-9am, is when the rest of the paddlers arrive and set their tents. You should arrive with time enough to set up your tents and be ready to set up the suttle by 11:00AM. If you are not camping, meet us at Paddlers' Meadow by 11:00 AM.

Most people will be paddling the Main Channel, which at these low water levels is easy.

Those who are not confident to paddle the Main Channel can choose to paddle the Middle Channel, easier lines but a bit bony at these levels. Some paddlers should help you down this easier channel.

Apres Paddle will be in the Paddlers Meadows.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, this year, diner is a bring your own affair. So please bring all your cooking and serving implements, such as cutlery and food  stuff and anything to drink. If you wish, you may bring something to share with others.

The evening after the diner is a boating, singing and prizes affair.

Please note this change!!!
The auction and the sale of tickets ($5) for prizes donated by Paddle Shack, Sindy Audet and Billy and Carly Harris, including some paddling lessons, paddling gear and perhaps the chance to buy a discounted boat, which was to happen Saturday will now happen at the upcoming August CdB Major Corn Roast-Beast Feast, on the original venue, the Gatineau River. Because of the restrained number of paddler coming to the July Beast Feast, the Exec has decided that there would be a better opportunity in August to sell tickets and have a bigger Auction and therefore amass more funding for Sindy, Billy , Carly and save a river project.

Bring your gently used (or not so gently used) paddling gear or anything else you want to donate to the Beast Feast Auction.

Sunday is an encore of Saturday's paddle and perhaps a change of channel for some or a park and play day!

Please RSVP your attendance by replying to this sticky note, so that we know how many are going to attend!

Thank you,

Paul Potvin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:12:29 PM by ChristianG »