Author Topic: Thursday Paddle  (Read 1051 times)

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Lower Mad Today
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Beautiful Day and awesome levels! Level was 109 today! Rifle chute was nice and Hass Hole was awesome! The slide @ Hass had a pretty big hole too! No swims.. I was playing around all day throwing enders so I spent quite a bit of time under but my new fullface skullcap makes a difference!  ;D

Heres a few tiny pics.. sorry for the format..they were sent to me that way!

windowshade

Re: Thursday Paddle
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »
As long as we don't have to go over the fence ($100 fine) I'd like to go.

Paul ;)

Todd

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
I could be interested in a hogs back run.  Let me know if that is a go!

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 09:03:55 PM »
So if anyone wants to join, a buddy and I are leaving Hull at 8:30 to run the Lower Mad Thursday! The Snake Rapid / Rifle Chute section he told me. Might play a little @ Hass but I dont feel like spending too much time upside down! haha

The More the Merrier

John

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 05:04:20 AM »
Ill join you Paul! If there is safety set up, I dont think much can happen! Besides a cold swim! :D

windowshade

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
Try Sewer Wave. Sunday, Dave and I paddled it. Not much but definitely surfable and carveble. We had fun. I've been invited to a repeat of Hogsback Saturday with the Carleton U Kayak Club. This time I'll have people and safety so I might actually run it. It actually didn't look so hard.

Paul

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »
Yeah! Brandon told me it was a bigger version of Quyon! He said there was No consequences at all! But man does that hole at the runout looks mean! Dont know bout that! Adam and Brandon ran em twice..2 Sundays ago and last Saturday! I kinda wanted to do it this coming saturday but im not too sure if Brandon is exagerating the easyness of this run!

I kinda wanted to check out BYOB was Cityofottawawhitewater blog says it comes in at 58.1 and level is a little over 58.2 but im not gonna waste my time there! Im heading to Champlain Tomorrow at 4 to try the new boat, paddle, dry top/pants combo and make sure im all set for the lower mad this Thursday!

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:26:41 PM »
Well, Paul and I went to the Britannia Yacht club two days ago, and it looked more like BYOW, Bring Your Own Wave...

Sewer wave was just a hint too. And the level is the same now as it was Saturday, too high for JJ.

But Hog's Back looked nice, too bad you have to go over the fence (100$ if caught) to put-in... Adam and Brendan made it look easy in their All Stars. What about Sunday: did anyone run it too?

--C.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »
So its eems as the Lower Mad is running just a bit over 100 cfs today! If Levels stay up, theres a good chance well be heading out there if theres any takers!! Itll be my first time there.. Anything I should be aware of!?

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Thursday Paddle
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »
Hey guys! Im sure some of you are off this Thursday at well...Well the Govt workers at least!

Anyone down for a paddle!?

Rouge is a bit over 100

Petite Nation at 18.60 and rising.

Lower madawaska im not sure what level is good but a friend talked about going there?

Any other suggestions!?

BYOB wave is in right now, probably will be all week.

Any takers?!