Author Topic: Spring Break  (Read 764 times)

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
Re: Spring Break
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 02:27:27 PM »
That sounds pretty interesting...not the part about sharing the hot tub with you though.... 8-)

But first I have to come back in one piece from the trip to Chile. Departs in one week.
There the hot tubs are fully au naturel and the heat sources are the near by volcanoes.

Most of the video footage I saw though from the ?Cumberland Plateau Kayaking? search were pretty lame though.
Got something more juicy?

LD in Montreal

Adrian

Spring Break
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
If you're thinking about a spring vacation and want to do some exceptional paddling, than the US Southeast is the place to go.  Some of the best paddling in North America combined with logistical ease and complete flexibility makes for an ideal road trip.

Just Google ?Cumberland Plateau Kayaking? or check out American Whitewater to see the number and variety of paddling opportunities in Tennessee and North Carolina.  Instead of expensive air fare and being restricted to an outfitter?s plans, you can drive south and decide what you want to do and when.  For less than the cost of a no-name motel we can rent a luxury cabin complete with hot tub, washer dryer; large screen TV and all the amenities I don?t even have at home.   In addition to great paddling the area offers a host of other activities, both outdoors and inside.

In 2009 Rob Monti and I had a great week of rivers in the Southeast with just two people in one vehicle.  More paddlers will only add to the experience.  We?re heading south on Mar 19 for another great week of rivers.  If you're interested, please let Rob or me know soonest.

Here?s hoping to see you on the river and in the hot tub ;)