Author Topic: We are loosing access to the Gatineau river.  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
Re: We are loosing access to the Gatineau river.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 06:10:45 PM »
hi

Thanks for the update. Aqua-adventure (sp?) on the Petite Nation had the same problem. There has been many reason out there why the Gatineau put-in was closed. I heard that the out-house was too close to the river or someone was worried about the river shore erosion. Not sure what causes more problems ... the cows in the pasture or humans in the out-house.

I agree with the other responses. The real reason for the closure has to be revealed. And a form letter of some sort created so people can copy and paste.
I will assume the communication with the CPTAQ was in french.

Richard: can you post the email/letter you sent, and the reply you received.

Larry

Robertm

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:33:34 AM »
That's the cause worth fighting for Richard, but I don't want to fight windmills. Where can I find an official release from CPTAQ stating that they are shutting down the put-in? If one can't be found, perhaps you can post or attach a copy of the letter that they send you. I would like to refer to something concrete while expressing my objections/outrage.
Robert
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:37:34 AM by RobertM »

windowshade

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:24 AM »
I'm going to email the authorities too. Thanks for sharing this and posting the email address. If you could repost this on boatwerks.net or even boatertalk.com, not sure about the Qu?bec WW sites but I'm sure Louis would know,  you might get more people to help out. A form letter would be helpful too, that people could either use as is or modify.

Luck,

Paul

Offline waverider

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
We are loosing access to the Gatineau river.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:31:33 PM »
If you'd paddle the Gatineau river last summer, you must haved notice that the put in at camping 193 has been shut down by the CPTAQ, Comit? Protrectrice des Territoires Agricoles du Qu?bec.  You can not operate a business in an agricultural zonage for people that don't know. So because the owner was charging a fee to access the river on their property, the CPTAQ told the owner to close the access down or they would get a fine. I sended a letter to the CPTAQ
telling them how pissed off I was to see that us paddlers could not access the river from that point no more. They told me that they could reverse the decision on seeing that if there is an interest on the paddling community.  They have responded to my letter on saying that I was the only one that has sended a letter in on telling them how I feel about theme closing the put in. If all the paddlers can e-mail the CPTAQ and saying how disappointed we are on seeing our access to the Gatineau river is close and that we want it back. They might issue a permit to the owners for accessing the river and the take out also.
The Bonnet Rouge is fighting for the past 12 years on having the rights to opperat a tourism attraction destination. If we don't do something about it, we will lose a beautifull place to camp and paddle. The Gatineau festival organisers are not
helping much. The Bonnet Rouge bought a property at the beginning of the spring 2010, because the access was closed down. You know what the Festival organizers did? They asked a farmer if they could us his property to access the river instead, what a bunch of fracking stupid assholes. There's a conflict between the Bonnet Rouge and the Gatineau Festival and this has to stop. The Bonnet Rouge does not charge the buses for the take out during the festival. I will be one damn fracking pissed off paddler if we loose access to the Bonnet Rouge and I'm surely not going to be the only one.
 So here is the e-mail of the CPTAQ.  info@cptaq.gouv.qc.ca     We need to send theme as much e-mails as we can on telling theme how pissed off we are on loosing access to our rivers. Let's win back our access to our Gatineau River and other rivers to.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:40:58 PM by ChristianG »