Author Topic: !!!!MINI BEAST FEAST!!!! -- July 23-24th  (Read 7777 times)

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
Re: !!!!MINI BEAST FEAST!!!! -- July 23-24th
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 10:08:50 AM »
Sunday is usually all over the place Sara . Some people run early and leave early, others like myself like to park and play. I would imagine that if you arrive before or at 10:30am there will be a few options open to you.

See you Sunday,

Paul

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
Re: !!!!MINI BEAST FEAST!!!! Saturday Schedule!
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 11:00:32 PM »
Okay so as per our Princess' motion, we are meeting at the Paddlers meadow at 10:30am or at the pUT iN AT 11am (MORE LIKELY a bit...LATER...). The level being steady for now at around 1 1/2, I will be going dowm the middle with Adam, the Tibor Clan and Bill. Others may/will choose the Main Channel, it's all good as long as everyone has fun.

See you Saturday morn @ 10:30AM.

Cheers,

Paul ;)

sarae

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:20 PM »
Hi Folks
I am thinking of going on Sunday only - what time will the fun begin on Sunday am?
sara

Robertm

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
As per "early Friday" post Julia, Mike and I (so far) are running Main this Friday. Meet time is noon at RR gate. All three of us are camping. In the past we have setup tents on Paddler's meadow and that's where I intend to camp.
Robert

Offline dave jackson

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 01:21:09 PM »
Candace and Amelie are coming with me Friday night after work to camp.  This is our first time camping with her so we'll see if she sleeps... Maybe I'll play a bit after we get there and Saturday I'm also hoping to park and play and/or do a quick run.  I'll try to stop by champlain or whispers tonight to see what you guys are planning.

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 12:38:08 PM »
Lariza and I were planning on being at the camp ground (RR) at 10:30 on Sat.  I hope people will still be there. 
Is anyone going to Whispers tonight?

Hi Adam and lariza,

As you can see multiple plans for park and play and river running are evolving. Pick and choose! Seruiously I will be at Whispers tonight at around 8pm. I might even paddle at Champlain around 6pm. If you want definite plans meet with us at Whispers or try to accomodate your schedule to one ofthe posted times. If you arrive at 10:30am, (I'm an 10:30 AM meet at RR, but flexible) you come and run, play the river with us and you set up camp  at the end of the day?

Cheers,

Paul

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »
So.. Looks for like im camping at Horizon X Tonight with CJ. I think hes guiding tomorrow and I will be paddling.. So far..my plan is to meet you guys at RR for 11:00 tomorrow. But If they do 2 runs...I might shuttle with them and run the main twice and play in the pm! Not sure if Im going to sleep at RR on Friday night.. CJ has to come back tomorrow night soo.. Ill decide when I get home!

Either way.. I have my cell phone and might be playing below McCoys until dark tonight.Call me if anything.

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 08:52:29 AM »
Lariza and I were planning on being at the camp ground (RR) at 10:30 on Sat.  I hope people will still be there. 
Is anyone going to Whispers tonight?

Offline liz edwards

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
To misquote Lady Gaga, I was not born this way so no blue blood. The CdB voted me into the vp position against my will so they get what they get. In my snarly acceptance speech I only promised to wear a tiara and encourage less androgynous club fleeces. One-size-does-not fit-all are ever my watch words.

But I digress from your query, I can pull out of the hood whenever you want. The earlier the better. Some people may go down to the river that day if you'd like to go. There must be some back door you can sneak out of at work. Leave a hot cup of coffee on your desk and they'll think, you're there. My brother is a human resources vp and he told me that one.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:33:15 PM by liz edwards »

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »
Princess, when is your highness planning to start from New Ed? If you still consider carsharing with a non-blue-blooded person...
Dani

Offline liz edwards

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »
princess

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »
Sunrise run. Sounds lovely and oh so very early. How about we aim to get on the river by 11am, miss most of the rafts. Those who are coming in can either meet at the put in at that time or at 10:30 at the campground.

Thought I'd take the lead on this one, what the hey. Gotta earn the right to wear my dollar store tiara as CdB vice princess somehow. 

A Coup d'etat is certainly welcome but first consider what you would look like in a tiara.

No problems having more than one party start and finish at different times...

That being said though....10:30AM at the campground sounds just fine to me! Meet you there, Oh Vice Tiara Wearing President....(OVTWP)

Paul:)

Offline waverider

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »
Going up on sunday morning, anyone what to car pool for that day.
Richard

Offline liz edwards

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »
Sunrise run. Sounds lovely and oh so very early. How about we aim to get on the river by 11am, miss most of the rafts. Those who are coming in can either meet at the put in at that time or at 10:30 at the campground.

Thought I'd take the lead on this one, what the hey. Gotta earn the right to wear my dollar store tiara as CdB vice princess somehow. 

A Coup d'etat is certainly welcome but first consider what you would look like in a tiara.

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
Does anyone have a sense of what time paddling with start on Saturday? It would be good to know for those of us coming in on Sat.
Dave...I might driveup with you. I'll have to figure out my plans first and hope you don't disappear.
Mark - what time is the sunrise paddle? I've never done that, but I suspect the waves would be free...