Author Topic: !!!!MINI BEAST FEAST!!!! -- July 23-24th  (Read 7778 times)

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
Re: !!!!MINI BEAST FEAST!!!! -- July 23-24th
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 12:21:01 AM »
I've unlocked the topic :o so feel free to post that you are attending, carpooling, etc...

Cheers,

Paul ;D

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
!!!!MINI BEAST FEAST!!!! -- July 23-24th
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
MINI BEAST FEAST? AKA THE BEAST WITHOUT THE FEAST!!!!

Coureurs de Bois? Mini Beast Feast is Saturday July 23 and Sunday the 24. Some people arrive Friday evening and make it a three-day event. Camping is at River Run which has all the amenities, minus the craziness of WT... 2-3 whole days to paddle. Mini Beast Feast is always minus the Feast (that one will be announced for August) ?So?.Bring your own food at your camp site or at attend the outdoor restaurant-you can get a weekend meal plan or go a la carte?). Groups can go down the Middle Channel, the Main Channel, do park and play, level dependent of course, or spend the weekend practicing their rolls and other river or play techniques! Rinse and repeat the next day! River Run has a quiet group camping section, is dog friendly, has hot showers, an outdoor and roof covered restaurant great for breakfast,  lunch or diner, a small store, a bar with a pool table, entertainment at night with big group bonfire going on, or make your own fire at your camp site... Please RSVP so that I can reserve a Coureurs de Bois Only Camp Site.

Here is a link for directions to River Run: http://www.riverrunrafting.com/resources/directions/  and the link to the RR's Homepage with a decription of all ammenaties and prices: http://www.riverrunrafting.com/ 

When you arrive at River Run or phone ahead for reservation, just say that you are with the CdB! I will be calling RR later this week and letting them know approximately how many CdB'ers will attend.

This is a Mini Beast Feast and is a more relaxed come and go as you like event. You do not have to wear your official CdB Hat or know the Secret CdB Hand Shake. You do not have to stay for the whole weekend (though you are invited to do so). You can fit Mini Beast feast it in your plans any way you like, knowing that you have a CdB ?Camp de Base? at River Run with familiar and welcoming CdB faces to greet you, paddle the river with you and share stories with you around the camp fire in the evening. All weekend!

We Hope You Can All Attend,

Cheers,

Paul Potvin
CdB Exec

PS Phill's Hole Rodeo, Yes People launching themselves in Phills "On Purpose"!!! is Sunday evening at 6PM for all interested. I have on good authority that some CdB members are competing in that very rodeo...[/b]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:00:29 PM by windowshade »