Author Topic: Valleyfield Trip Report!  (Read 736 times)

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
Re: Valleyfield Trip Report!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »
NeXT time maybe!;)

Paul

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 10:42:28 AM »
Did Paul get beatdown again!?  ;D

Hey Paul, Sorry I couldnt make it out to Valleyfield. Did you do the seal launch?

Offline bouched

• CdBMember2013
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »
I "lectured" Jim on how I have a key hooked in my paddling pants pocket and another key locked INSIDE my car (if I loose my key in the river, I could get CAA to open my car as opposed to have someone travel all the way from Ottawa.). Then, in my rush to get changed and get to a phone book in the mall (the mall is next to the rapid), I locked my paddling pants inside (I changed in my dry clothes) and then, at the same time, I had left my proper key inside my car.  I usually have this routine whereby, the first thing I do is bring the window down and leave it that way (to make sure I dont lock myself out of my car). So, my plan and my backup plan were of no use.  I was stranded.  Then I opened my purse and found a third key in there (I had forgotten about it). OUF!

It was fun to see Bill, Paul and Kelly again and to meet Jim and Daniel the cool farmer.

After all that happened to Jim we thought he would get home way after we did....until we saw him zoom by us at great speed (we were at Pauls favorite poutine wagon in Cornwall). Now I am sure he got home way before the rest of us.

Paul: I hope you recover quickly and fully from your upside down adventure at Garvange chute.

Dominique

Offline Jim Swabey

• CdBMember2014
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 07:08:52 AM »
Paddling with your car key is not a good idea. Mine is now on the bottom of the river and I had to be saved by my REALLY NICE wife who drove a second key to me in Valleyfield. It looks like this lack of judgement is going to cost me a vacation in Mexico!  Thanks to all who helped me look for my key, Dominique who gave me soup and coffee, Kelley and Paul for providing a cell phone, and Bill for the divers mask. 

Fun day everyone.

Jim

Offline KellyM

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 12:16:50 AM »
Great place to work on the basics - eddy hopping, boufs, surfing, climbing back up the rocks at the pour-over while you are still fully in your boat, and  a pretty fun looking seal launch (for next time) at the top of the course. And the poutine lived up to its rep.

Kelly

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
Valleyfield Trip Report!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
Awesome day at valleyfield. It really bumps the Pump House as a second class venue... Clear clean warm water, multiple edddies, actual waves and holes you can play in, on, great creek boat practice. must see! Jim, we saw you heading home from our Poutine vantage point, so happy you made it back buddy!

Cheers,

Paul