Author Topic: The Main or Middle or Gatineau, Saturday, October 8!  (Read 3394 times)

Offline KellyM

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Re: The Main or Middle or Gatineau, Saturday, October 8!
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »
I'm out and I'm envious! Still not 100%. Have a great time it's gonna be a beauuutiful day on the river.

Kelly

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »
Paul's fingers are too big... I'm sure he meant 9:30 as well. I should be there too! --C.

Offline Micratech

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »
Might join the gang.  But there's no way I'll be at Eagleson at 8:30, since 9:30 at Eagleson
is more than enough time to get to the takeout by 11AM.  ;-).   Paul - when you say Black's
takeout are you referring to the WT takeout below Blacks or the actual Black's takeout?
We normally use the WT takeout.

Thanks,
\MR
823-4385

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 10:38:07 PM »
I will be at Eagleston park and ride at...... oops I mean 9:30am!!!! so that should give us plenty of time to get to the takeout at 11AM. Rychard, we'll meet up with you at Baby Face! Nice to see you and Martin can join us. Water's getting cold so maybe not as much playing as usual, more running so you should be off the river by 3:30PM. Christian and Bill will confirm tomorrow. Daniel is bringing three new friends (Where does he finds all these friends...???:))

Cheers,

Paul :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:31:35 PM by windowshade »

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 09:22:36 PM »
I'm coming from New Edinburgh, close to Liz's place (but wrong side of Beechwood, I know), so if anybody from the East-end or centre of the city wants to carpool, feel free to contact me. Otherwise I'll meet you at Eagleson. I would not mind an earlier start, but could do both. Paul, you posted, so you decide, right?
Dani

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
Looks like my nephew Martin & I will be doing the Main with you guys on Saturday, however I need to be back in town for 5:30 pm (off the river by 3:30), so if any one out there wants to start earlier than 11 am, then I propose to start at 10 am, do the shuttle thing etc. & play at Babyface or Pushbutton until the rest of the gang shows up and then take off a little earlier.

Ryszard

Offline Chris E

• CdBMember2012
  • Class II
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »
I'm down for doing the main and will carpool, shall we meet at eagleson park and ride? I am coming from south nepean if somebody nearby wants to meet up....

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »
Okay. The consensus is to do the Main!!
Meeting at 11AM at Black's Takeout.
Please post for carpooling.

Paul :D

Offline KellyM

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »
I would still be interested in the Gat, but it may not matter. If I don't feel better than I do today, I won't be able to paddle. I've so far spent the majority of the last three days in bed and getting up and out only for my exams of which I have three in three days. Two down, last one tomorrow. At any rate, I'm probably going to be feeling weak, but we'll see.

Kelly

Offline Falls

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 08:49:59 AM »
Well I did post for Saturday, October 8, so that's the date I'm inviting club members to paddle on. The choice of rivers is open but unfortunately not the date, on this thread. But.....I'm sure if you start your very own thread asking people to paddle with you Monday that there will be takers too.

Paul;)

Fine then.  I'm taking my ball, and going home.  I'll be pouting over here: http://www.cdb-ottawa.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=4600.0

:P

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
I'm good for either rivers, I just need to paddle. Come out tomorrow at Whispers and lets vote!

Paul:)

Todd

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
I was on the Ottawa yesterday and both Garb and push button were great - although Garb was hard to catch.  Baby face was also in last weekend, although harder to catch, I believe the level was -2 3/4. 

I'm out for this weekend, but it looks like it will be great weather for paddling!

Offline waverider

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »
Gatineau, Gatineau, Gatineau, Gatineau, nothing much good on the ottawa at -3 , the gatineau is at 7 and the wave at bonnet rouge is F***ing awsome at this level,somewhere between babyface and garb. Plus the wave at lucifer I always forget the name in english is one hell of ride. That's my 2 cents for saturday.
HiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
Richard

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 06:56:48 PM »
Okay Dani, I will repost after tomorrow's huh... "conference" at Whispers.

Paul ;D

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »
Paul, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it tomorrow since I'll be on call. I'll definitely be interested in doing the Main and in carsharing and could even drive myself (Christian will know why I'm stressing this fact...). Please keep me posted!
Thanks,
Dani