Author Topic: Tues, August 7th: Paddle and Sunset Celebration on the Ottawa Riv. with Esprit!  (Read 1655 times)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
I will go up for the event and come back afterwards. I'll give Caroline a ride but there is more room in the car.

Offline SMurF

• CdBMember2023
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
I'll be heading up, sometime around 4-4:30, from Britannia area.
Only staying until 9, got work in the morning.

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-4
I'm out... I'll go work tomorrow!
See you all at Beast Feast or at Champlain Thursday!
Caroline

Offline DaveH

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-2
OK, I'm heading up river later today. Liz and I will be park n playing around Push Button this evening and then camping at RiverRun. We could be ready to meet up before 1:00 if that works for others; that would make things less hectic getting to Petawawa and/or Davidson after the paddle. I wouldn't argue if we changed the take-out to RiverRun as well. For now the plan is still WT takeout at 1:00, but if anyone on here wants to update that plan by later this evening then that is fine by me.

Sandra, I'm not a likely candidate for a 6:00 A.M start for anything in life, and I'm afraid that includes this coming Wed. morning.

Offline JackT

• CdBMember2016
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-0
I'm in.
Bill might be car pooling with me. If not, I'll be camping overnight (I'm sure there'll be a few beers passed around  ;) ).

Jacques

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
On s'en reparle lundi soir/mardi! --C.

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
Of course we can carpool. But what about the Main Channel--is there something planned for that too?

Lets organize put in time for the main!!

Does 1 at WT work for you?
Do you want to swing by my place to pick me up, say at 11:30?  Is an hour and a half to get there enough?
My address: 232 Alexandre Tache, Gatineau, apt. 104.

Caro

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
Sounds like a good cause...and fun! Can't make it paddling, but could drive up from Ottawa for the event, camp and then do a 6am paddle before work the next day:)

Offline DaveH

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
With an important meetin re. the Petawawa schedled ffor 630 that evening folks are trying to jo juggle their plans right now. I'd like to attend both of those. So tentativily meet at WT takeout for 1  to run the main.

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
Of course we can carpool. But what about the Main Channel--is there something planned for that too?

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
Want to carpool Christian?

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
That could be fun!

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
I'm in!

Caroline ;)

Offline DaveH

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
So Esprit has been having a bit of a tough go of it lately after a fire this past winter hit their operations hard down in Mexico. They are hosting a bit of a river celebration, but also asking for community support, next Tuesday. Their event is an evening gig and it is being held just upstream of Ft. Coulonge on the Quebec side of the Ottawa. I'm going to be there and am hoping that we get out a decent number of CDBers. Prior to the event lets do a run on the Ottawa Main Channel.

From http://www.facebook.com/events/346450695433401/

Esprit is being featured on the CBC television series The Big Decision. Investor, Entrepreneur and Marketing expert Arlene Dickenson has challenged Esprit to host a community event emphasizing our role in the community and our ability to rally and network people together.

There will be local music, food and drink including "Sea Pie" as well as a tribute to the Ottawa River and its importance to our community.

We need to get 1000 people joining us to make the event a success. Please join us! Bring your friends and family and help us spread the word!

Our potential gain is a $250000 investment from Arlene as well as a lot of positive exposure for The Pontiac and the Ottawa Valley.

Arlene and the CBC crew will be here... will you?

Jim, Barbara, Taigan and Team Esprit

PS: Please confirm your attendance as well as how many friends/family will be with you.

Note that last line about confirming attendance. If you will likely be attending, and haven't been counted already, confirm here and then we can send in a loosely aggregated number.

Remember:
- The TV crews will be there
- CJ's great line: 'Let's go do something stupid'

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:51:23 PM by ChristianG »