Author Topic: Club executive positions--nominations accepted!  (Read 1993 times)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
Re: Club executive positions--nominations accepted!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 05:29:49 AM »
No no, I am not interested in being president. Continuing as treasurer/secretary is fine. It's a pain to transfer this position: to assemble all involved parties to the bank to get signatures changed, to change the credit card information for website and forum, the name on the P.O. Box etc. I've set it up and it works fine, but I'm not looking forward to changing all that.

Of course I would step down from the treasurer/secretary position if the club desires so, but that would NOT be in order to become president. Maybe in a few years, but not now.

Anyway, I am sure that we can resolve this issue in time! Cheers all. --C.

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
Ah, perfect segway to invite CdB members to Whispers tomorrow at 7pm to talk about AGM nominations,
( draft Christiang as new CdB Prz..... shhhh, don't tell him, it's a surprise..., he, he, he....)who is paddling where, who got his or her ass handed to them last week, etc...

See you at Whispers Thursday!

Paul ;D

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-4
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 04:31:06 PM »
I'd be interested in this one:
--Director, Skills Development (currently Joanne Tognarelli)
Coordinating safety course registration, organising clinics with knowledgable instructors, of course only if members indicate their interest to participate!

But I do not see an indication that Joanne wishes to step down.
How does it work?

C.

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
That's it? Only one nomination? We need more!

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:15:53 PM »
Id be pleased to deal with the P-R and memberships combined if the position is available.. I think they pair up pretty good!  ;D

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »
I nominate Jean Nicholas Cyr to the position of Public Relations!
He has show enthusiasm above and beyond for the position.

Paul:)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
Club executive positions--nominations accepted!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 06:02:30 PM »
Hello everyone.

We are now accepting nominations for the executive positions in the club. Here's a brief description of the main ones:

--President (currently Bill Schlarb, who wishes to step down)
The person that typically answers e-mail requests from prospective members, represents the club at important events and generally herds the bunch of cats that we are. The president can also spend club money by writing cheques if necessary.

--Vice-President (currently Liz Edwards)
The person that, once in a while, lends a hand at cat herding (and guinea pig feeding if applicable). Club money can be spent as well! Yeah!

--Secretary/Treasurer (currently Christian Gigault)
In charge of the club's treasure, i.e. a bank account, and of making sure, through judicious spending, that the term 'not for profit' applies to the club. Duties may include collecting money from membership fees and pool session registration, but ideally these should be handled by designated persons, see below.

--Director, Skills Development (currently Joanne Tognarelli)
Coordinating safety course registration, organising clinics with knowledgable instructors, of course only if members indicate their interest to participate!

--Director, Newsletter Editor (mat have been Ray Canton)
Collect stories, trip reports, out-of-boat experience descriptions etc. and distil 

There are additionnal positions as well:

--Public Relations Officer (currently Paul Potvin)
Toot the club's horn, negociate deals with sponsors, obtain merchandise from them to give away during events, make sure sponsors are mentionned regularly and generally stay in touch with other organisations.

--Membership Officer (currently Annie Valade)
In charge of maintaining and distributing an up-to-date membership list and ideally to collect membership dues, possibly in conjunction with the Secretary-Treasurer.

--Pool Session Officer (currently Christian Gigault)
Book a nice big pool in the dead of winter for members to feel like they're vacationing in the South, collect the money and buy plane ticket to Florida--oops, I mean pay for the pool booking.

--Web Site Administrator (currently Ian Bowles)
A tweak here and there... Some knowledge of computers and web site design and administration is useful here...

That's about it I believe. You can find the club by-laws here:

http://cdb-ottawa.com/cdbftpupload/bylaws.pdf

and the member's handbook here:

http://cdb-ottawa.com/cdbftpupload/CDBGUID_2009.pdf

If you think you can contribute to the club and would like to do so, please nominate yourself! You can also nominate someone else but be nice... An informal election will take place during the Annual General Meeting, before too much booze is consumed hopefully. So please attend the meeting (we'll have stuff to give away too)! Cheers.

--Christian Gigault
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:10:00 PM by ChristianG »