Author Topic: Welcome to the new executive!  (Read 551 times)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
Welcome to the new executive!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
Hello everyone.

Following the Annual General Meeting, we have now a new executive! Without any further ado, here they are:

--President: William Schlarb (continuing). He kindly accepted to continue after we promised him a good executive team (and gave him some irish-made liquid too?(.

--Vice-President: Kelly Mulhall (replacing Elizabeth Edwards). Kelly has experience in CdB executive, having been Secretary/Treasurer for a while.

--Secretary/Treasurer: Christian Gigault (continuing). I will deliver a more complete report once I receive the bank statement for the club's account after AGM spending!

--Director, Skills Development: Mike Rabe (replacing Joanne Tognarelli). Contact him if interested in whitewater safety course, wilderness first aid, skill clinics...

--Public Relation Officer: Jean-Nicolas Cyr (replacing Paul Potvin). Jean-Nicolas is connected with many paddling organisations and businesses, and Paul will help him.

--Membership Officer: Annie Valade (continuing). We should end up with a nice member list, with contact information etc. Whohoo!

--Pool Sessions Officer: Christian Gigault (continuing). Well, no one else wanted to do it apparently!

--Website Administrator: Dave Jackson (replacing Ian Bowles). He will be assisted by Jacques Tejeda, who has kindly offered his services.

Of course, since there was no members vote to ratify the nomination of Jean-Nicolas to the position of PR Officer, if anyone objects to it, let us know and we will set up an opportunity for members to vote.

I have created a new member category, CdBMember2012, and all who paid their membership fee at the AGM are now part of the new group. However, 2012 membership fees can still be paid until the first official club event, the Palmer Rapids weekend in May.

Pool sessions are scheduled in the new year, see the relevant forum topic and sign up! Cheers all.

--Christian Gigault
Secretary/Treasurer
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 11:54:54 AM by ChristianG »