Author Topic: Early Spring Paddling in Southeast US  (Read 1142 times)

Todd

Re: Early Spring Paddling in Southeast US
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
I had been thinking of a paddling trip south early spring, but unfortunatly I won't be able to get time off until June (leaving me with lots of holidays for fall paddling however). 

I do highly recommend the New if you can work it into your plans - if for nothing else then the scenery and the smell of burning brake pads.

A group of us is looking to do a bigger trip this fall. possibly october/late september.

Basicaly the same trip. But we were thinking of going down to georgia, and then hitting rivers all the way back for a couple weeks.

Keep me in mind when planning this trip.  I am definatly interested. 

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
I had been thinking of a paddling trip south early spring, but unfortunatly I won't be able to get time off until June (leaving me with lots of holidays for fall paddling however). 

I do highly recommend the New if you can work it into your plans - if for nothing else then the scenery and the smell of burning brake pads.

A group of us is looking to do a bigger trip this fall. possibly october/late september.

Basicaly the same trip. But we were thinking of going down to georgia, and then hitting rivers all the way back for a couple weeks.

Offline KateM

• CdBMember2023
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:35:53 PM »
You guys know about ALF??   Huge mob of paddlers (open boaters!) from all over - flock down for a week of fun and festivities....Loosely organized (there is a race, group dinner, etc.) March Break see here: http://www.boatwerks.net/boater-board/1/12053 and here: http://www.rapidmag.com/features/features-events/634-alf-2011.html 

There are a couple dozen of YCCC folks from Ottawa / Kingston heading down this year.   Enjoy!

Offline LouisD

• CdBMember2012
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +4/-4
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:32:30 PM »
Des d?veloppements de ce cot??
L

Todd

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »

Adrian

Early Spring Paddling in Southeast US
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:10:10 PM »
Is anyone interested in joining Wendy, Sandra, Annie, Chris and myself this March for a week of paddling in the Southeast US? 

We've just started planning so the details are still open depending on who wants to join us. The outline of the trip is:

Where:  Southeast USA.  Exact local TBD. Looking at Pigeon Forge or Cumberland Plateau Tn
When:  March, the week is still to be determined.
What: Class IV creeks
Who:  The more the merrier. 
How:  As weather is variable at that time of year, we'll rent a cabin.  On the Saturday we drive south, either directly to the cabin or hit a river like the New in WV to break up the drive. The plan will remain flexible depending on weather and water level.

Rob Monti and I went in Mar 09 then Wendy and Annie joined us last March.  Both weeks were excellent paddling.  Weather and water levels varied greatly.  Temperature ranged from high 20s down to single digits. Even with a drought last year we found some good paddling.

Let us know if you're interested.