Author Topic: Early Spring Champlain Edit  (Read 2132 times)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
Re: Early Spring Champlain Edit
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:24 PM »
Youtube has been chopping up my videos pretty bad lately so created a shorter video to test out different compression and resolution types!

The quality of your movie is very good! If you want to improve things, one trick is to trick (pun intended) YouTube into thinking your movie has less bandwidth than it actually does. The situation may have been changed, but essentially YouTube divides the file size by the duration of the movie to figure out the bandwidth, and compresses it if the resulting number is too large. It does not inspect the contents of the video itself for this calculation. So what you do is make a 5 minute movie and pad it with 5 minutes of blank at the end, and you get away with a movie with twice the quality. It has worked in the past for my movies, but I ended up pulling them off YouTube because of its stupid intellectual property rules regarding accompanying soundtracks. Hope that helps!

--C.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:18:52 PM by ChristianG »

Offline Martink

• CdBMember2014
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +3/-1
Re: Early Spring Champlain Edit
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »
Cool video I really like it.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Early Spring Champlain Edit
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:29:28 AM »
Youtube has been chopping up my videos pretty bad lately so created a shorter video to test out different compression and resolution types!

this one came out somewhat ok! Figured id share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FYMjR5i_qo