Author Topic: Billy Harris Petawawa River Running Clinic this Weekend!APRIL 14-15  (Read 486 times)

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
Billy Harris Petawawa River Running Clinic this Weekend!APRIL 14-15
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
Petawawa River Running Clinic this weekend:

by Billy

CLINIC DATES APRIL 14-15

Each year Hell Or High Water Celebrates the free flowing Petawawa River the event is fantastic, fun, laid back and just an amazing event worth attending. We get together to raise awareness to the plight of the river but also to get together and run it as a community. The problem is there are some people who are a bit nervious about running it. To people in this category get in touch with me, and build some confidence on one of the best rivers in the Ottawa Valley.

Ok sports fans, the trip is a go. But now its an Upper Petawawa River Trip into algonquin park. River level is low for the upper but you can run it low with no real problems. We have 3 confermed possibly 4 (we got a fence sitter) and I love that section so its on weather anyone else joins or not its a go. Everyone has a solid rolls, and river running boats for the most part. Play boats are ok too it just makes it sporty. Still have a couple spots so b3harris@gmail.com can fix that if you want to join. Its a morning Meet and eat at Irving's Gas Bar outside Pembroke just off Hwy 17 9AM. We eat, and roll, remember its 13 bucks to get into the park per car. I'll bring my "global warmer".

Gear, proper shoes, dry suits, farmer johns if you don't got a Dry Suit. Food, water, throw bags, standard rescue gear.

SUNDAY is the only day for the town section runs so if people are still interested in the town section I know I am still a keener.

http://www.liquidlore.com/ontario/upperpet/

Hard Skills-
Boofing Clinics, Moving water reading, boat control

Soft Skills-
The River running clinic covers:
River RUnning Best Practices
Team Running Techniques
Protection Set up and rotating safety

Keen?? Billy Harris
www.ottawariverkayakschool.com
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:25:52 AM by windowshade »