Author Topic: Gauging interest: Seven Sisters Waterfalls  (Read 3617 times)

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Re: Gauging interest: Seven Sisters Waterfalls
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
I'd be in.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Gauging interest: Seven Sisters Waterfalls
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:49:12 AM »
Good Morning all.

I know quite a few paddlers on here have been wanting to run the Sisters "one day" since they started paddling..Well..I know I do... I also think some of us have done it previously.

In the past year, levels havent really been cooperative when it came to having a low friendly level for the falls. They are currently running at 19 cms and I think right now would be a good time to get a solid crew together and give it a good hard look and perhaps give it a go!

Reliable safety equipment and paddlers with SRT training or at least some experience with live bait and throw rope would be necessary or preferable although if some less experienced paddlers are keen on running the Gauntlet only and acting as spectators/photographers for the falls, feel free to tagg along.

Here are a video of the falls at similar levels which I would call a IV-IV+ at the most. Lines are large, safety is easily set up on most drops and pools are somewhat large enough as well!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLnzv7ycG48

If you are interested in running the falls, please post here and we can decide a date/time and set up a crew and possibly head ou there next weekend?

Cheers!

JN