Author Topic: Weekly "Who wants to paddle Sunday?" thread.  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Falls

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
Re: Weekly "Who wants to paddle Sunday?" thread.
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 08:57:46 PM »
I told you!  You guys should've come with us!  We even got to see EJ and his friends doing some impressive tricks at Pushbutton.

Offline Cindy D

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »
LOL!! We looked like thieves!  ::)

We were the most surprised to be out of the river so late,  I am glad you found another ride.  I ran Main with Luc yesterday, it really is fun rigth now.

Offline Falls

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:17 AM »
Peter/Cindy,

I heard a pretty funny story this morning about you guys trying to help a friend of yours set shuttle on Sunday evening. ;D

I imagine Meredith (the OTHER Passat's owner) would've been even more surprised than I was to come off the river and find the car was not where it was anticipated!

I should've known my master plan was too good to be true...  All's well that ends well, though.  I got a guide friend to take me back to the put-in.

Turns out you weren't as tired as you thought!  You should've run the river with us!  Maybe next time. 8)

Offline Doug Poulter

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
Ryan, thank-you.  I expect to take you up on your trip and car pooling offer unless by mid afternoon tomorrow the Rouge 7-Sisters run has a crew of 6+.  Seems unlikely as the trip fell thru July 22, with just 4, inadequate for appropriate safety / rescue. 

I too like later Ottawa River runs, as other than Fridays and Saturdays, such avoids the crowds, and sunburn.  I ran the Ottawa Main Channel Wed afternoon July 25, with ORR.  The river was at a very good play level of -2.25.  By putting in late,  ie 3:15 pm, there were no significant line ups, except Push Button.  So upon arriving there at 5:30 we had supper.  By 6pm, Push Button cleared.  Thereafter no one else was on the river.

I'll phone you Saturday afternoon to confirm arrangements.  I can get myself and my gear to an appropriate in town car pooling location, and pick up 1 other on the way.  I'm at 297 Lanark Ave, between Island Park and Churchill,  north of Scott, SE and close to Champlain Bridge.   My phone: 613 759-8348

Offline Falls

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 09:00:16 AM »
So should we meet at the takeout for 14h00 (2:00PM)?

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »
Peter,
If you want to use the Wavesport Z & the other gear, you will have to come get it today from my place, & make arrangements to bring it back,  as we don't have any space in my car & the gear would be sitting around unattended at Riverrun for 3 days.

Ryszard

Offline Cindy D

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
I can't leave Gatineau before 12:00, which leaves plenty of time because we still have long summer days.  we will certainly avoid most of the raft traffic.  Peter, I can pick you up and drop you after, your cottage is on my way. 

I'd be up for the Main, send me a PM.

Offline Peter L.

• CdbMember2018
  • Class IV
  • Carless PhD student, often looking for a ride! :)
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
Not sure if this'd work out, but I'm hoping to paddle on Sunday, connecting with Ryszard as per his Fri-Sat Paddling thread in the forum. 

I am, however, in need of a ride from my cottage, a short detour on the way to the White Water Region (see my message in Ryszard's thread, copied below), so if something could be worked out I'd be grateful!

Thanks,
Peter

---message from other thread--

Hi Ryszard, and everyone else!

I'd be very interested in coming paddling on Sunday -- doing the middle would be great, but I'd be up for the main too, if that's the option.

Alas, my challenge is in getting there: I won't have a car, and I'll be at my cottage in Sand Bay, Quebec.

Sand Bay is across the Portage du Fort dam (the dam and bridge on the Ottawa just below the white water region (between the white water region and Renfrew), and a bit downstream.

(Google maps's directions (http://goo.gl/maps/Gsqw) suggest 50 minutes from River Run to my cottage, but I have a hard time believing that!)

If some intrepid soul(s) could see their way to pick me up and drop me off at the end of the day, I'd be very grateful!

(If you were coming up the Ontario side that morning, It'd be a short deek from where Storyland Road crosses the Cheneaux Rd.  And if you were coming up on the Quebec side, it'd be an even shorter deek along the way!)

Thanks, and hope to see you Sunday!
-P

Offline Falls

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 09:19:48 AM »
Cool!  I won't have to start a new thread this Sunday!

How late are you thinking?

Offline Cindy D

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »
Me, late Sunday is possible. 

Cindy

Offline Falls

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
Weekly "Who wants to paddle Sunday?" thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »
For simplicity's sake, I'm thinking Ottawa Main, but am open to Middle, Valleyfield, Gatineau, Lachine, and anything else that is running.
Flexible on the time.  Early or late is workable.
Flexible on transportation.  I can take up to three other boaters, or hop in with someone else.
All skill levels welcome.