Author Topic: Middle, Main or park and play at the Lorne or McCoys  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Martink

• CdBMember2014
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +3/-1
Re: Middle, Main or park and play at the Lorne or McCoys
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:23:54 PM »
Between -1 and 20  :P Just kidding, last weekend the level was good everything was in babyface (was the best I have ever seen it) garb was in and pushbutton was great. But we didnt check the level.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:26:44 PM by Martink »

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:15:01 PM »
I could be interested in running the main or a park and play...
What's the level these days??

Sandra

Offline Martink

• CdBMember2014
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +3/-1
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »
Btw Kurt, last Weekend I wore a Drytop and it was cold but it was not the nicest day either, not very warm.

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
One of our group broke a paddle in Phil's, had a swim and decided that he had had enough for the day.  Other people without gloves were feeling the cold, especially with the wind (trouble holding the paddle). 

Apparently the water was quite a bit colder from the week before (I had skipped a couple of weeks, and yeah, it was colder).  I was toasty in my drysuit, gloves and full head gear.  When I took off my head gear at Pushbutton to eat lunch I realized just how cold it was. 

I'm just saying, if you want to be comfortable when paddling (and maybe swimming) at this time of the year, especially if you are running the full river, dress for it!

Cheers,

Adam

Offline kvr99

• CdBMember2014
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »
Hey Adam ... I'm curious, what did we learn last weekend, and how?  (I'm considering going this weekend)  The weekend prior I was doing park and play with my fellas, and it was refreshing, but very warm and toasty with wetsuits / drytops ... has the water temp dropped that much?

btw, do you know the level at the moment?

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Middle, Main or park and play at the Lorne or McCoys
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:32:04 AM »
I am planning to do something on the Ottawa this Saturday starting at 11am.  It could be the Middle, Main or park and play depending on people's interest.  Is anyone interested? 

As we learned last weekend, you must dress for cold weather and water (dry suits and gloves a good idea).  Swimming is not a good option and could make for a very long day!

Cheers,

Adam