Linked Events

• Beast Feast 2013: August 09, 2013 - August 11, 2013

Author Topic: Beast Feast 2013--AND ATTENDANCE POLL! PLEASE RESPOND.  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
Re: Beast Feast 2013--AND ATTENDANCE POLL! PLEASE RESPOND.
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 05:26:06 PM »
Wow Dani...love, eh...just to be clear...I never had a sip of that whiskey...it was the guy on the otherside of you...and his wife;)

Ahh...hoping to paddle a river soon enough!

Rule # 1.: What happens at Beast Feast stays at Beast Feast.
All other rules: See rule # 1.

P:)

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
Wow Dani...love, eh...just to be clear...I never had a sip of that whiskey...it was the guy on the otherside of you...and his wife;)

Ahh...hoping to paddle a river soon enough!

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »
Sandra, I love you! Too bad I'm quite straight! (Those stupid clocks.)
Sorry, already had some nice Port this evening, too much whiskey at Beast Feast.
My kayaking season is unfortunately pretty much over now, unless somebody is keen babysitting Frida while I'm surfing...
Hope to see you all at the Fall Party and then next year on the water again!
Dani

Offline Sandra K

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »
yes. Thank you to all the organizers!  special thanks to Larry for not paddling so we could eat. It was great to see everyone after being a non-paddling hermit all summer. Bonnet rouge was a good level to test out my boating skills.

Couple of fun comments from around the fire in case you missed it ;D

1.  Apparently all kayakers wear there pants around their asses like snowboarders.  There was a demonstration of sorts. Yes. Male underwear was seen. Come on CDB. We are behind on our dress code. At least that's the view from an open boater.
2.  Apparently Larry has a big 'clock'.  You can only guess how many comments followed that one. 
3.  Not sure what kind of whiskey Dani brought, but it earned her a threesome with a married couple.
4. Finally, apparently Someone in our club has a hate on for blonde, blue eyed cutie girls.  Thank gosh I have hazel eyes
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 06:20:24 PM by Sandra K »

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »
Just kidding. But haven't we had an overdose of the F word at the fireplace already? It was soo funny.

Just wondering, if this implied that I appeared to dislike you until last weekend, where did that idea come from?

--C.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:46:09 PM by ChristianG »

Offline Dirk

• CdBmember2021
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »
It was a lovely Beast Feast! Barbara and I had a great time. Many thanks to the organizers.

The food was fantastic, the conversations on the fire pit were entertaining, we did not loose boats, neither on the road nor on the river. Great company, seriously. What a great weekend. 

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 08:10:46 PM »
Just kidding. But haven't we had an overdose of the F word at the fireplace already? It was soo funny.

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »
...now even Christian likes me...

???????????? WTF?

Offline Stefan Wesche

• CdbMember2018
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »
Thanks to all for a great day on my first Beast Feast (albeit just for Sunday). Next year, I'm totally going to be there for the whole weekend, wife-willing.

Stefan

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »
Wonderful, what magic a bottle of Auchentoshan and some Swiss Chocolates can do, now even Christian likes me... Can life get any better? This club is better than any psychotherapist out there (ok, unless you compare yourself with a soon 16-year old baby-boy called M, but I'm repeating myself). Re Larissa and Peter, I could not agree more, and would like to add Adam - Peter and Adam are currently my heroes, since they are not wet behind their ears anymore but have still managed to progress to a "show-off-level" in just one year (ok, no cartwheels yet, but who needs cartwheels anyway?)...

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »
Forgot to mention--some of our members who may have been beginners at some point clearly no longer are! Notably Dani, who spent a lot of time surfing Bonnet Rouge--that's no Pushbutton, a lot more intimidating and not obvious to get to, with all the boils! And Peter, who managed to attain and surf L'Agneau de Dieu by paddling up to it from below! Lariza is now very confident doing the big rapids. Congratulations to all, specially those I forgot...

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-4
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
Thank you everyone with the great day Saturday!
Hope to see more of you on the river this summer!
Caroline

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 11:54:16 AM »
"Brian's Butchery (near IKEA)"

Good to eat, and good to know!

It was a great time! But keep it a secret: for those who participated, you got shuttle 5$ x 2 = 10$ + how much you would pay for roast dinner = around 20$: your membership fee at work!!! If ALL members go, we'll go bankrupt!!! Just kidding. If all members want to go, we'd find a way... Thanks again to Paddle Shack for the prizes. Whoever got the DVD (The Great Inga Project), watch it with friends, non-paddlers too: it's very good, my mother's neighbour (of all people) had a copy and lent it to me when I was visiting. The movie mentions that it's where Philippe de Dieuleveult most likely drowed. For those of us who watched French television in the 80's, this means something...

--C.

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 10:38:14 AM »
Hi

4 ambulances and 3 flatbed trucks went by me. I turned around at the Frontier Campground back to a Casse Croute in Gracefield after seing a big lineup thinking this is going to be long wait. My other option was to pull off to the side of the road, break out the camp stove and cook whatever leftovers there were in my cooler. Also involved in the accident was an ATV(or the remains) sitting on a flatbed truck.

As for Beast Feast ... Another great time and success.
Just to put in a plug for a local Butchery. The hunk of meat was purchased from Brian's Butchery (near IKEA).

30 years ... hmm that's a long time.

Larry W

For those who always marvel about the driving habits/skills of Qu?bec drivers, and were wondering why traffic was so delayed on HW 105 yesterday, see below for part of the reason.

This was at least a 3-vehicle event. While traffic was completely stuck, a first car went by on a flatbed tow truck, entirely missing its front end, engine and all. Another went by later on a different tow truck, less damaged. And this pick-up truck below, upside-down on someone's front lawn.

The question: whether or not he's the one (there's a very good chance it was a 'he') who made the actual mistake that triggered the crashes, how fast was he going  to end up this way? This was on a Sunday afternoon in a residential part of Gracefield with a slower speed limit, kids playing etc. Do they all think they're Gilles Villeneuve? He was a good race driver. No longer is.

And that's not mentioning the assholes on motorcycles that, while traffic was stopped, thought that they were so important that they could keep riding on the shoulder past the couple kilometers of stopped cars patiently waiting...

Boy...

--C.

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »
(Unfortunately that's why they should sell T-shirts "I survived 105")

On another note!

Amazing Beast Feast! 

It struck me that, with the picnic tables arranged in a row like that, in the field of green, under the beautiful sky, it look either like an outdoor version of the Queen's State Banquet at St George's Hall or like a Viking feast!  (or maybe it was just Kevin's "Brownies" hitting me  ;)

Anyway, I agree with Dani - at least another 30 yrs!!

Adam