Linked Events

• Beast Feast 2013: August 09, 2013 - August 11, 2013

Author Topic: Beast Feast 2013--AND ATTENDANCE POLL! PLEASE RESPOND.  (Read 4178 times)

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
Re: Beast Feast 2013--AND ATTENDANCE POLL! PLEASE RESPOND.
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »
For those who always marvel about the driving habits/skills of Qu?bec drivers, and were wondering why traffic was so delayed on HW 105 yesterday, see below for part of the reason.

This was at least a 3-vehicle event. While traffic was completely stuck, a first car went by on a flatbed tow truck, entirely missing its front end, engine and all. Another went by later on a different tow truck, less damaged. And this pick-up truck below, upside-down on someone's front lawn.

The question: whether or not he's the one (there's a very good chance it was a 'he') who made the actual mistake that triggered the crashes, how fast was he going  to end up this way? This was on a Sunday afternoon in a residential part of Gracefield with a slower speed limit, kids playing etc. Do they all think they're Gilles Villeneuve? He was a good race driver. No longer is.

And that's not mentioning the assholes on motorcycles that, while traffic was stopped, thought that they were so important that they could keep riding on the shoulder past the couple kilometers of stopped cars patiently waiting...

Boy...

--C.

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
Thank YOU, Paul, for joining and taking some very nice pics!
And yes, it was another wonderful Beast Feast, I hope I'll be able to attend at least 30 or so more of those...
I don't think there can be another club out there with so many nice people. Special thanks for being so welcoming to all the girls I had to bring along this year - they had a blast!!!
Dani
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:16:39 PM by Dani »

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-2
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 09:59:03 PM »
Great Beast Feast everyone, it was lots of fun! Thanks to all who organized, prepared and attended!

Paul :D

Offline Doug Poulter

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
@ Elizabeth Gilbert

Great, I'll look forward to your call.

Doug Poulter

Offline egilbert

• CdBMember2022
  • Class III
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »
@ Doug Poulter

I'm also interested in just going for the day on Saturday and would like to carpool with you.  I'm new to paddling in the Ottawa area and would definitely appreciate some guidance!  I'll give you a call to coordinate a pick up location.  I'd be coming from Ottawa South so the intersection in question is on the way for me.

Elizabeth Gilbert

Offline lmundt

• CdBMember2014
  • Class I
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »
I am going to camp out Friday night and probably Saturday.  I will also need to renew my membership.

See you there.

Lester

Offline Doug Poulter

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »
I'm looking to car pool with someone to Beast Feast for Saturday Aug 10 only, ie without overnight camping. 

I can drive my van with gear to a convenient in town departure point, picking up one other on the way, or serve as that departure point.  I can be the designated return trip driver if others of the car pool would like to have a beer or two at the Feast pot luck.  I'm also competent and experienced on the river and can serve as a guide and safety to those who would feel better with such support.  I live a block NE of the intersection of Churchill and Scott, and may be reached by telephone at 613 759-8348.

Offline DominiqueP

• CdBMember2023
  • Class IV
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 10:42:02 AM »
Adam and I will not be attending... we were waiting to see if a canoe course that we registered for would be confirmed, and it is. So we will be improving our paddling technique instead of running the Gatineau. Ce n'est que partie remise!  :)

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »
Paul, do you know if there is an age/weight limit for the rafting? Frida is 8 and around 30 kg. So far, I've gathered a group of 4 (2 adults, one teenager and her) for rafting, hopefully we'll manage to get a group of 8. Thanks for your help!
Dani

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 04:03:19 PM »
Thanks, Paul!
Any other takers for a raft? I'll see if my girls want to bring along some friends and then I'll get back to you, Paul.
Dani

Dani,

Ask around or even start your own thread for fear of this topic being lost in all the conversations and either post your numbers or PM me by Wednesday and I'll coordiinate with Isabelle for the raft if the numbers warrant!

Hope this helps,

Paul

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »
Thanks, Paul!
Any other takers for a raft? I'll see if my girls want to bring along some friends and then I'll get back to you, Paul.
Dani

Offline Paul Potvin

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »
Now that Caro is going to do some stunting and singing, I'll for sure attend.
I may have to bring along my chicks and they would love to go rafting - hope this will be possible?
Looking forward to see you!
Dani

hi Dani!

Madame Gagnon and I spoke on the phone just now. She will give the CdB the Gatineau Festival discount. So aside from your two "Chick" if 6 more people join with them, the price will be $65 per person and they will put in the water with us Saturday and stay with us throughout the the running of the river. So gather up your friends who want to try something new and exciting and tell them about this rafting opportunity as I will reserve next week by mid week if we have the numbers

Hope this helps,

Paul:)

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »
Now that Caro is going to do some stunting and singing, I'll for sure attend.
I may have to bring along my chicks and they would love to go rafting - hope this will be possible?
Looking forward to see you!
Dani

Offline kevinjdp

• CdBMember2014
  • Class III
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »
Should be in.

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »
Will be coming with a whole bunch of people, tentatively Caitlin, Peter & Fraser in the car, probably on Friday evening. If the little weasel (Martin) isn't working then maybe he might come as well.