Linked Events

• Beast Feast 2013: August 09, 2013 - August 11, 2013

Author Topic: Beast Feast 2013--AND ATTENDANCE POLL! PLEASE RESPOND.  (Read 4177 times)

Offline FeinDenz

• CdBMember2019
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
  • Denzil & 2008 Subaru Forester XT turbo
Re: Beast Feast 2013--AND ATTENDANCE POLL! PLEASE RESPOND.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
Daniela, you remind me of the South African who was told by a witch doctor to eat his own leather belt to cure his stomach ache. So he did, and it didn't. So the witch doctor said: "It just goes to prove, that the thong has ended, but the malady lingers on..."

Better to stick to tasty salads chopped and dressed by Caroline & me. Maybe at the AGM?

Denzil

Offline coolfarmer816

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-3
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 05:15:42 PM »
Je viens Daniel

Offline CaroDulu

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-4
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 12:23:32 PM »
Dani, you should attend!!!  I'll sing for you if I have too (Kurt, please sign for I can't!!!)

Denzil, that is too bad you want make it: I hopeto have a further occasion to paddle with you on the river this year, as your company is always pleasant!
I'll have to look for another salad preparation assistant, lol!
I am taking applications :-)

Caroline

Offline Dani

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
  • Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 10:52:13 AM »
Denzil, I'm quite disappointed. If Paul won't wear his thong, and Kurt refuses to sing, why should I attend anyway?
D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:03:43 PM by Dani »

Offline FeinDenz

• CdBMember2019
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
  • Denzil & 2008 Subaru Forester XT turbo
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »
Because I'll be in my Winnipeg office from 13-29 AUG, I can't be at Beast Feast, good because I am sure even with a suitable kayak I'm not sure I could steer between Lucifer's & Lucifer's Anus   ;D   No stunts this year from me, Dr. Daniella!

Bonne chance, a tout le le monde!

Denzil

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +5/-6
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 02:20:36 AM »
Please read the first post in this thread, the info has been updated. The put-in is owned by same people as Bonnet Rouge and dogs are allowed, however you have to stop at the Bonnet Rouge Site to register first.
--C.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 03:50:34 PM by ChristianG »

Offline Derek22

• CdBMember2014
  • Class I
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 08:20:18 PM »
I would really like to attend.... Christian you mentioned that the put in allows dogs??? and they have camping etc??? what would be my options with a having my dog with me?

Derek.

Offline Jeffrey J Templeton

• CdBmember2020
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
  • Never Stop Learning!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 07:41:38 AM »
My Wife and I will attend.  Please provide all the details: where, when, how much, etc...

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »
I'd like to make it, but I may not be able to.

I will need to find someone to take care of my dog. I'd bring her along but she does not play well with other dogs.

Well, unfortunately Bonnet Rouge has anyway a big sign saying 'No Pet'. But the put-in camp site allows dogs etc.

--C.

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 08:44:29 AM »
I'd like to make it, but I may not be able to.

I will need to find someone to take care of my dog. I'd bring her along but she does not play well with other dogs.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:26 AM »
Most likely going to be there alone... I dont think my girlfriend wants to hop in a duo with me again just yet hahaha But she does want to riverboard or raft.

If there is interest, I am going to check with my boss at Horizon X if were not fully booked if I can borrow a raft/equipment or have one for dirt cheap for saturday for those with kids/wives who dont paddle just yet or want to get initiated in whitewater. I would guide the raft and would have 7-8 spots in it.

Let me know!?

Offline marcg

• CDB Executive
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-1
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:00:49 PM »
I can't make it this year I will be away on a camping trip with my son.

Marc

Offline ChristianG

• Administrator
  • Class V
Beast Feast 2013--AND ATTENDANCE POLL! PLEASE RESPOND.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:05:23 PM »
Club event: Beast Feast 2013, August 9 to 12 at Bonnet Rouge Rafting, Gatineau river!

The CdB Beast Feast is our club's main annual event: a weekend of river running on a stretch of the amazing Gatineau river near Maniwaki. The river is Class III big water (for a description see http://www.gatineau.org/en/river). Run the river Saturday, Sunday, and even play at the Bonnet Rouge wave right at the camping site. Some people head up Friday evening to camp and maybe even play a bit in the Bonnet Rouge rapid. A huge dinner feast is planned for Saturday. The event takes place at the Bonnet Rouge Camping Site near Maniwaki For information, see http://www.bonnetrougerafting.com/; turnoff to camp site road is at 46.280571? N, 75.922571? W. 

The river level is low again this year and thus will be suitable for the newest paddlers. Great beach for sun bathing, swimming and playing (volleyball, etc..) and great surfing right at the camping site! We'll even have prizes from Trailhead Paddle Shack for entertaining antics on the river!

Bring your significant others and children. Rafting trips can be arranged for the non paddlers! For information on rafting, please contact Isabelle Gagnon, the owner of Bonnet Rouge, through the website link provided above or directly at 1 888 449 3360! Pets are not allowed at the Bonnet Rouge camp site, the river take-out, but are allowed in a smaller camp site operated by the same owners at the river put-in which is at 298 Chemin Godin, 46.336080? N, 75.941658? W; turn-off from main road at 46.385374? N, 75.941579? W.

Camping fees are $12 each night and include the following day's put-in and take-out. Those who are only there for the day will pay $10 for put in and takeout (wether you are kayaking or just staying on the campground to swim or do food prep).

Once again Larry Wong will be our Beast Master, preparing a 20lb.+ side of roast beef for the Saturday evening potluck dinner! And this year Jacques Tejeda will be preparing a succulent fish dish. Each Paddler should bring his or her own contribution for the pot luck: appetizers, salads, munchies, desserts, booze... Bring your own cooler to keep everything cool, and your own plates, cups, cutlery and napkins! On Saturday after the river run, we will need volunteers to help prepare the corn and potatoes--please contact someone from the executive Friday evening or Saturday to be directed to the corn husking or the potato cleaning and wrapping parties! Guitars and other musical instruments are welcome.

So, in order to help us organize the event, please use the poll above to let us know how many of you will be attending!

Also, Bonnet Rouge campsite has an outdoor restaurant serving breakfast at reasonable rates. In order for them to plan ahead, please use the other poll (http://www.cdb-ottawa.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=5433.0) to indicate if you will be having your breakfast with them.

Finally, shuttle has been reserved for Saturday and Sunday at 11:00, paid by the club. Please show up with your boat near the big yellow bus at 10:30. And in order to help planning, please use the last poll (http://www.cdb-ottawa.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=5432.0) to let us know how many of you will use the shuttle!

It's going to be a great weekend and we can't wait to see all of our old and all of our new paddling friends!

--The Executive
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:24:32 PM by ChristianG »