Author Topic: Ottawa middle channel on Sunday  (Read 1164 times)

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Re: Ottawa middle channel on Sunday
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
Any boat youd like really.. Playboat or creekboat..

First rapid is a class 3 leading into a class 4 wave hole at the bottom.. it flushes and can be avoided right.. Boily at the bottom and ends in a pool.. Then a long long class 3- 3+with big crashing waves like Lower no name... short pool again and another big wave class 3.. Then 1km of flats and another boily whirly shirt class 3 and another km of flat till take out... Fun run! Nothing to worry about asides from 1 hole that is easily avoided and cold water obviously..

Offline Andrewdotcom

• CdBMember2014
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »
Whoops, didn't realize this trip had already gone. Been all over the place of late but sticking around Ottawa for the next bit so hopefully looking to get on the water soon.

Never done the Rouge Harrington, what's it like and what's the appropriate boat type for the river at this time of year?

I suspect I'll be looking for someone to get to Champlain with though as opposed to Rouge.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 12:41:05 PM »
Super High...For sure over 25 but at that level, the gauge dont even count anymore lol.. Over 3000 cumecs.. Basically, gladiator is flushed out...

McCoys flushed right out... Sattlers is a green wave...Little trickle still has a tongue but the pourover on the right is BIG. No hole where there is one usually, just a wave.

Garvins has water over the rock islands... Staircase goes..but its technical.

Lower garvins waves are massive and trashy.. boily and whirlpools that made a few cukcers swim...

Upper no name is flushed...Lower no name is flushed, almost nothing there...... big wave hole on top river left...

All in all.. not worth the drive if you ask me... Rouge Harrington is PRIME and a better option. Thats where ill be at Sunday.  ;)

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »
I'm likely interested in joining. Anyone know (roughly) what the level is?

23+ and this thread was for last weekend.

Offline Andrewdotcom

• CdBMember2014
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 12:28:42 PM »
I'm likely interested in joining. Anyone know (roughly) what the level is?

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
Hey J-N I can come get you around 8 am or so, just send me an email with your address & we can drive up on the Quebec side. Not sure who else is coming yet.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »
Richard, what time should i meet you at your house?

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »
Talked to the CUKC group & they plan on an early start of 10 am on the water after doing the shuttle. Last year they planned the same thing, but due to partying from the night before they hit the water around 11 am. I expect the same this year.
So I will do the shuttle around 9:30 or so & leave my car at the take out, so if anyone is coming after 10 am, let me know so that you can meet us on the river & I will shuttle you back at the end of the day. The CUKC people are renting the cabin that is located just before the OWL put-in.

Ryszard (Richard) K

Offline Jeremy Poulin

• CdBMember2012
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 05:35:09 AM »
Might be interested, post more details when you kno whats up?
Thanks,
jer

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
Ottawa middle channel on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »
While the eager beavers are doing their crazy creeks, in the US or the Laurentians,  I plan on doing a laid back run on the middle channel of the Ottawa on Sunday, and  hook up with the annual CUKC spring trip at the same time.
If anyone is interested or needs a ride then let me know.  I don't have the exact time for meeting the CUKC people yet, but expect to be on the water around 10:30 to 11:00 am.