Author Topic: Paddling this weekend Friday Saturday Sunday  (Read 601 times)

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Re: Paddling this weekend Friday Saturday Sunday
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 07:33:29 AM »
Adam. Si ta le gout de venir filmer encore mais avec des kayaks, moi jsuis partant! :P Le canyon pousse en masse mais le reste de la riviere est pas mal relaxe si ta le gout.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »
Cest justement ton video que jparlais :) haha

Offline Adam

• CdBMember2023
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »
The Petite-Nation is definitely too high for me right now, but I went over to check out the waves last Sunday. Here is what it was like :

https://vimeo.com/65110260

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Paddling this weekend Friday Saturday Sunday
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
So I am headed to the Petite NAtion area for Turkey hunting thursday night.. If i am lucky like last year, ill be out of the woods and done Friday by noon hahaha. Either way, hunt ends at noon. and im free to paddle afterwards.. My goal is to paddle the Petite Nation in the afternoon. Open to the put in time since some of you have to work. Level is 145 cms on QWW but it might actually be quite higher and closer to 200+. Ive seen videos of the canyon from yesterday and the rock is almost under water... like 1-2 feet is still out showing... No logs. And all clear. BIG, Pushy, Fun! You need a bombproof roll for this outing as the water moves fast and its cold. (says the guy who swam little trickle sunday)

As for saturday and sunday, I am open. Rouge Canyon is fairly high and awesome... Simon goes... Laurentians etc.. Ill have both my playboat and creekboat...

:)