Author Topic: Thursday after work paddle  (Read 479 times)

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Thursday after work paddle
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »
I know most CDBers meet at Bates Island for a surf session and whispers for a brewski but since lineups are quite long I would propose something different while its close and still good...

The Petite nation is about 30-40 minutes from Ottawa at the most. If you just paddle down, no scout, it takes about an hour to run at these levels since the water is high and flatts are moving.

Its an overall Class 3 river with two significant 3+, arguably the first one is a 4 at these levels.

Ive ran it about 5 times this weekend and the level is 115 cms at the moment. Big water fun, no holes that will keep you.! Just big diagonals and crashing waves.

Latest we can put in is 7:00-7:30 and well take out by sunset..Beautiful scenery as well at that time..

Im open to suggestions for put in time but lets say 5:30-6:00 to give an ample amount of time to finish work and drive over.

Beginners with a roll welcome..Its a safe river to swim bu the first rapid pushes and i wouldnt want someone pushed in a bad spot.

Here is the second half of the first rapid via Ryan Falls contour camera at around 150 cms..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBv2aZNvYKU