Author Topic: Petite-Nation on tuesday 6pm  (Read 912 times)

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Re: Petite-Nation on tuesday 6pm
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »
Cool.

I'll probably still hit it up.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »
John, im gonna have to skip out for this. Levels on the ottawa are good and Horizon X has started running garvins. Martin wants us guides to come down from some practice/carnage on elevator shaft so that all the guides get familira with the good and bad lines. Im gonna have to go down there. Also most likely heading down there for a Full moon run of the Ottawa Friday night.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 10:58:24 AM »
Sounds like a plan! :)

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 10:52:03 AM »
I might try and get there sometime later this week in the evening.

Wait, you scout this river?  ;)

In the spring, on the first or second run i try and scout for trees or with beginners to explain the line...but i usually just catch the eddy on the left and see from there., if theres a tree, I go for a hard ferry right of the rock and try not to blow it and die. dying usually sucks... well it did the last few times i tried....

I would be keen on an after work run this week as well John.. Possibly Thursday. That and try and go park n huck the last drop on the Blanche a few times. :P

I was thinking thursday as well.

Barrett will be in town and he wanted to run it. I'd even be up for looking at the blanche.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 10:43:03 AM »

In the spring, on the first or second run i try and scout for trees or with beginners to explain the line...but i usually just catch the eddy on the left and see from there., if theres a tree, I go for a hard ferry right of the rock and try not to blow it and die. dying usually sucks... well it did the last few times i tried....

I would be keen on an after work run this week as well John.. Possibly Thursday. That and try and go park n huck the last drop on the Blanche a few times. :P

Offline jonyak

• CdbMember2018
  • Class V
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 10:39:53 AM »

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
Havent met the guy yet. That cottage was up for sale a few weeks/months ago and this must be the new owner... Like Cindy said, there is another option for portage and scout river left after the first little class 2-3 but less of a better view and trail..
Normally, land owners dont "own" the first few feets of riverbanks, because of water levels/erosion etc...so it is possible to walk a rapid without "being on ones property" but with the cliff there...its porbably does not apply.

Also depends on the tone of the paddler as well. I know quite a few arrogant paddlers, even if they use proper or cleaner terms and tones...

Offline Cindy D

• CdBMember2015
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
I read on another forum that there is a new land owner on the right river of the canyon who gets REALLY upset if you scout/portage through his property. It sounds really bad, the menacing tone and choice of words was so shocking that the guy went to the police to complain.
(sigh)

That said, it's possible to walk river left where there is no private house but it's far less convenient to scout.

Offline sindyAudet

• CdBMember2013
  • Class II
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-0
Petite-Nation on tuesday 6pm
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 09:19:25 PM »
Level is perfect and no more tree!