Author Topic: stolen Jackson Star  (Read 867 times)

Offline acampbell

• CdBMember2022
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
stolen Jackson Star
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:37:06 PM »
Hi all

A friend of mine that belongs to the Guelph Kayak Club has had her boat stolen while in Ottawa. This is Anik's post on the GKC site.

I was paddling the Ottawa last week and got my Jackson Star stolen in Beachburg!

We parked on main street at 9:30am on Tuesday in front of Smokie's for breakfast with 3 boats strapped to the roof of the truck (yes, no lock) ..... and within 20 minutes someone stole my Star! It seems crazy that such a thing would happen so quickly in the middle of the day on main street, but it did and I'm now kicking myself for not locking the boats. All of the locals we spoke to also can't believe it happened.

So the point of this post is two fold .....

1) A reminder that you can never be too cautious - even if the area seems small and friendly.

2) Please keep an eye out for my boat and let me know if you see anyone paddling it or selling it. It is a light purple Star with a Jackson sticker and Level Six sticker on the front. It was a 'Team Boat' that I bought from Annie-Pier Marchand. Below is a picture of it.

This is the first time I have tried attaching a picture so I hope it works. If it dosn't work I hope some one can help me.

I know as a kyaking community we all want to help each other. If you see the boat etc. let me know and I will let Anik

Thanks

Allan Campbell