Author Topic: Ottawa River on Wednesday Aug 14  (Read 717 times)

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Re: Ottawa River on Wednesday Aug 14
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 06:40:05 PM »
Am picking up Caitlin around 7:30 & possibly Fraser at 8 am & then getting Martin at HorizonX around 10 or 10:30 so should be at the put-in for around 11 or 11:15. That is about as close as I can get it. We will definitly be there by noon. If you are going to come then let me know, worst case is that I can wait for you to do the shuttle if I know you will be coming, otherwise I hitch hike while the 'kids' play at Babyface.

Offline kevinjdp

• CdBMember2014
  • Class III
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
I am off tomorrow and would be interested in paddling. What time are you thinking?

Offline Larry W

• CDB Executive
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-2
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »
At 4 ...
Right side HS is a wave and is surfable, but better in a long boat ... ah the old days.

Middle channel - S-bend
Butterfly - RL is munchy but getting to tongue is awsome

Angels kiss ... at this level is really becomes a beginner hole to practice side surfing, front surfing, or hand surfing
Below 4 ... it becomes not worth it paddling up from butterfly.

Upper no-name ... great wave -- but no eddy service.

Larry

I have to drive up to HorizonX on Wednesday, to pick his royal highness, Prince Martin, who has decided to paddle with us the peasants  (Caitlin & myself). So if anyone wishes to join us then please let us know.
I am not sure what time we will put in at, as I don't know where I am meeting him yet. Also I received  a text from him  that today's level had gone up to 4 on the gauge.
Main or middle channel decision will be made on the river (Caitlin expressed some wishes that she needs to get to know the middle channel a little bit better,  & if if the level really is at 4 then it becomes more fun than at -2).

Does anybody know at which level Angel's Kiss disappears ?

Offline wyszard

• CdBMember2014
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
Ottawa River on Wednesday Aug 14
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »
I have to drive up to HorizonX on Wednesday, to pick his royal highness, Prince Martin, who has decided to paddle with us the peasants  (Caitlin & myself). So if anyone wishes to join us then please let us know.
I am not sure what time we will put in at, as I don't know where I am meeting him yet. Also I received  a text from him  that today's level had gone up to 4 on the gauge.
Main or middle channel decision will be made on the river (Caitlin expressed some wishes that she needs to get to know the middle channel a little bit better,  & if if the level really is at 4 then it becomes more fun than at -2).

Does anybody know at which level Angel's Kiss disappears ?