Author Topic: Weekend Plans..Blanche? Petite Nation, Rouge, Ottawa?  (Read 888 times)

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-1
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Weekend Plans..Blanche? Petite Nation, Rouge, Ottawa?
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »
10 AM Saturday for my group.

Cool thanks, maybe I'll see you there Sunday! Cheers.

Offline ylockhead

• CdBMember2023
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
10 AM Saturday for my group. 

Offline Francois Leclerc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +2/-1
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
At what time you guys are going there on Sunday? I'd like to paddle early and get out around noon.

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 08:50:38 AM »
What day? Turns out im free Sunday... Saturday were moving boxes and have dinner at the inlaws haha

Offline ylockhead

• CdBMember2023
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 08:07:07 AM »
I'm heading to the Petite Nation with a group of open-boaters to park and play and run the upper canyon a few times.  We'll be there around 10 AM. 

Offline JohnCyr

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +8/-6
    • Ottawa Whitewater
Weekend Plans..Blanche? Petite Nation, Rouge, Ottawa?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 02:17:19 PM »
Just to let you all know that the Blanche is running again.... 35 minutes from Ottawa...in the town of Thurso quebec, runs a beautiful class 4 pool drop creek with about 10 different rapids if not more... All ranging from 2+, 3+, 4 and 5. The level is like when the club ran it last... Great scenic run... 2 portages but all in all I think we all had a great time last time.. a few of the club members had been asking me about it and a few have yet to run it... Thought id let you all know!

Heres a video with the first 2:20 minutes showcasing the bigger rapids on the run. there a whole bunch of class 3 boogie in between! https://vimeo.com/74374276

If you feel a bit more conservative, the Petite nation is at a fairly good level... 25 cms... lots of eddies to catch.. no need to get wet... just an easy fun eddy hopping quick run.

The rouge is also still above 120 cms and the Ottawa rougly about 15-16 on the gauge!

For those who want to stay local and huck large... Hogsback is in at a medium level!

I think im able to get the girlfriend to cut me loose from packing boxes for our move for a few hours this weekend! :) I want to paddle