Author Topic: youtube video  (Read 3846 times)

Offline FeinDenz

• CdBMember2019
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
  • Denzil & 2008 Subaru Forester XT turbo
Re: youtube video; kayak down a ditch
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 07:58:12 AM »
Exciting video of a speedy waterslide! About 20 years ago in Winnipeg Keith Green (a good paddler) & I rushed down the broad, fast  Sturgeon Creek into Assiniboine River. No real problem, except that the mosquitoes were so ravaging us that we didn't tighten our PFDs, had to get away. About 30 secs later we exited into a metre or more curling wave, from which neither of us had to roll up. But it was scary.

Denzil

Offline JohnN

• CdBMember2019
  • Class IV
  • Rescues/Swims: +0/-1
Re: youtube video
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 10:51:01 PM »

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 10:36:05 PM »
Well, if there is anything else that I should have seen, kindly attach it to our forum!  :)

I have been surfing the net for any cool kayak stuff but clearly I missed this one.
(I think I would have used gloves and elbow pads)
Cheers,

Adam

Offline lafreniere.luc

• CdBMember2022
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +13/-3
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:33:31 PM »
Ha ha.... sorry Adam. You're just a little late to the game on this one.

This video which features local paddling legend Ben Marr was posted almost two months ago and went completely viral. It has over 2 000 000 views. It was showcased on many tv news shows all over the world including the CBC, CTV, Global, etc. They even interviewed Ben on it.

Pros responded to it as well saying things like (paraphrased) "Ben's paddle some of the toughest rapids in the world, innovated new freestyle moves, and he gets recognized for running a drainage ditch in Alberta. It will never cease to amaze me (Rush Sturges) as to what captures the public interest."

Anyways, not to rain on your parade, it is indeed an awesome video and looks like fun. But man I wouldn't want to end up rolling at those speeds in such shallow water.

Offline AdamN

• CdBMember2023
  • Class V
  • Rescues/Swims: +1/-1
youtube video
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 03:37:57 PM »
I saw this on youtube.  Looked pretty wild!

Adam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085A7Iv6xzA